Superchargers

cherokeebuff

Hello everyone! I'm looking into buying a supercharger for my 4 litre 6 inline. I spoke to the mechanic that replaced my engine, And he said that it was a bad idea. The thing is that with the bigger tires I NEED MORE POWER. Can anyone suggest some good solutions that won't screw-up my new engine.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Before supercharger.......

Did we( as in you) change axle ratio gears when you went to larger tires?[addsig]

All the following things should be done before a supercharger is installed anyway:

Cold Air Intake

Bored out throttle body

Throttle body spacer

Port Polish the intake (if you have the cash, exrude honed)

Borla hedder and muffler

High Flow Catyletic Converter

Aluminum Head (higher flow head)

Roller Rocker Arms

Slightly larger cam

Better ignition system (MSD, Jacobs, Accel)

You'll also want to upgrade the fuel pump

Tornado (believe ot or not a guy at work has one and says that it really does work)

Gears (3.73-4.10 ratio)

Shift kit for transmission

You may want to consider not weighing your jeep down with things like really heavy brush guards, nerf bars, bumper spare tire carriers, and stereo equipment. Unless you need these items, they'll only slow you down.

If you are really serious about power, look into a stroker motor. Jeeps aren't drag cars, you want lower end torque. A supercharger might cut it for desert racing, but it would not be so practicle for basic offroading.[addsig]

Well. After much rereach on supercharges, my conclusion is to invest in smaller more useful upgrades on my jeep. The supercharger delivered to Montreal,Canada would have cost me $8000.

berettajeep Could you explain exactly how one would change axle ratio gears. I have never done that kind of upgrade, Please help the NEWBIE![addsig]

to go about changing your ring and pinion first you need to know the size of the tires you had on it as originals and the size you know have or want then you can check out 4wheeler.com they have a calculator for the right ring and pinnion for your vehicleyou might want to stay a size lower if you want more torque a size higher would give you more response of horsepower feeling but your redline on the engine will come real fast

becasue the changing from gear ratio is the times the pinion spins to the time the ring spins a 4:10 gear would mean that the pinion turns 4.1 time to the rings 1

i had an 89 toy factory gears was 4:10 when i went to 35 boggers i went to a 5:29 gear to give you an idea

i hope this can help you[addsig]

image-missing.png
Depending on what size of tire you want you should lower the gears on your axles. Simple as that. See ya later.[addsig]

Back