Suggestions for a "2nd" Vehicle?

Special_K

First of all, I plan to keep my YJ though I'm still looking for a buyer for my CJ. I had one guy offer me $6K for it yesterday...that was a short conversation. Another said I should keep the CJ and sell the YJ if I'm going to sell one of them. Good point but I'm a little more attached to my YJ 'cause I bought it brand new and I've put a lot of time into it. That's not the issue though. I intend to replace the 2nd jeep with another vehicle and I'm torn between utility and pure fun...

From the utility perspective...I like the Nissan Xterra. It's a very good value, it can still go a lot of places, and it has plenty of storage and hauling capacity. But then I have 2 SUV's and no hot sporty mobile.

The other half of me wants to go sporty and get something like a Beemer convertible, Corvette, or Viper. The problem with many of the latter is that they have about as much (or as little) room as my YJ and/or CJ...which is one of my main beefs. My hockey bag alone takes up the entire back seat of my Jeep and it wouldn't be much different for a sports car...it probably wouldn't even fit in a Viper. Then there's the other space requirements like longer road trips with luggage, picking up anything bigger than a compact disc from Best Buy, dating a chick with big hair...you name it.

I've pretty much ruled out the Viper...but the fundamental dilemma is still there. I'm not buying tomorrow and I could put it off for few months yet, but I've been seriously thinking about it for a while. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Go for a new BMW. They are sweet. If you can afford a viper, the BMW shouldn't be an issue. The new Nissan Z car is pretty sweet too though. Jeez, tough call man.

I know its not as ellegant as the cars your thinking of but im going to buy a 94' mustang vert. tomorrow as second car. Just sold the 89' on ebay today. glad that monster is gone :roll: If I had that kinda money I would definitly go for the corvette, they are sweet.

LS1 Z06 vette. What are you waiting for, If you can wait, the pontiac GTO will be introduced in the spring of 2004 (essentially a firehawk trans am in a lighter body)

It sounds like everyone is going for sporty so far. That does make me think. Two SUV's would be kind of bland wouldn't they. Maybe I'll look for something that's cool and sporty but still has room enough for reasonable storage. Hmmmm.

go for a bmw M3... they're awesome! incredible performance (0-60 in 4.5), good price (under $60,000), and good cargo/people space. if you aren't familiar with the car, i would definitely recommend checking into it.

Go for the subaru WRX sti.Very fast and performs great.300 hp!And 0-60 in 4.5 seconds.MUch cheaper than the M3.Like $33,000.Be sure to check it out.

Go for the subaru WRX sti.Very fast and performs great.300 hp!And 0-60 in 4.5 seconds.MUch cheaper than the M3.Like $33,000.Be sure to check it out
damn i know a dude who just got one of those... i didnt know they were that fast... but it is still gay... :D

a supra is the only ricer i would ever accept if it was given to me... like jps said ... the Z06 is the way to go... 0-60 in UNDER 4 seconds... over 170mph... 405 hp stock... the Z06 comes with the LS6 rather than the LS1... which is really the same thing with an assload of upgrades.. and it gets better gas mileage than our jeeps do... UNDER 60,000

Two SUV's would be kind of bland wouldn't they.

Jeep aint no SUV. What is your alter ego say to drive. We just bought a big ol Surburban and I love it never thought I would but man the thing is so confy and will get up and get on down the road with you. Class 3 towing pkg so load it down and hook up to a trailer and go. I my business I can sure get use out of the big ol war wagon. Car of any kind would be a real waste around here for us. Good luck but for the sake of all that is good never classifie you jeep as an SUV! and Keep the YJ cause you know what it is so hip to be square. I miss my YJ more every day. Tug

Back