Stuck in the Rio Grande

mingez

One of my warehousemen (Rudy) was wheeling (and drinking) and got stuck. We had to pull him out.

Out of where you ask? The Rio Grande!!! I can't believe the stupidity of this kid. Good kid, but sharp as a spoon. It's a circa late 80's Toyota 4x4 PU, and has a little bit of lift. Pictures were not so good, taken at dusk with a phone camera. Hee hee!

His truck was in the water for about 8 hours before we got there.

Picture007-3.jpg

Picture009-3.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: He'll never hear the end of this one! Truck is in the shop.

RE: Bud Light History

looks like a good reason not to drink and drive
stupid jackass's think they can take on everything
but it looks like fun to watch :D (dont yea just love it when your not the one stuck?)

liquid courage, ahhh! unfortunately it moves your brain quite a bit south :lol: he's lucky he had y'all to pull him out............live and (hopefully) learn!

BTW...nice sig, ants

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Signature pic requirements

I live for recovery.

So, Mingez, which Jeep did you use to remove truck from said river???

RE: Belt Replacement

Saurian said:
So, Mingez, which Jeep did you use to remove truck from said river???

Ahhhh, was the Cherokee, and a Ford F150. We had to tug from multiple directions in order to rock him out of the crevace he was in. Would have been much easier if we had a winch. Truth be told, it was more the f150 than my cherokee, he had the better positioning and footing.

lots of rope and chains, wasn't the safest excursion. But it was cold, and we were in a hurry to beat sundown.

I know, you are saying "it's New Mexico...how cold could it be? When you are in the Rio Grande in the winter...it's cold and wet.

Re: RE: vibration....not driveshaft related

Hey, what can I say...the XJ has lockers. :wink: :twisted:

Re: RE: Chevy versus Moose

Its a good thing he got stuck really.
That way he maybe had time to sober up before hitting the highway and maybe wiping out a whole family. :cry: :cry:

Yeah...he had atleast 8 hours to sober up! I was surprised he wasn't hypothermic.

That is insane Mingez. Awsome color in those pics. lol I'm glad he got stuck down there vs. the highway as well. Drinking and Driving, some people will never learn.

Lady

Back