Streaming Radio

Special_K

Since I downloaded iTunes this past spring (after getting an iPod), I started streaming radio stations rather than listening to broadcast stations. Most broadcast stations here (in Atlanta) absolutely SUCK...I'd say most do just about anywhere.

Anyway, if you like music but are tired of listening to the 3 or 4 songs that most broadcast stations limit themselves to, streaming's an option. iTunes has the biggest selection of FREE streaming that I know of in just about every genre...but most can be accessed directly. My favorites are Radio Paradise (www.radioparadise.com) and Radio Wazee (www.wazee.org).

Wazee's 11 or 12 most frequently played songs are played a mere 13 times per week (less than twice every 24 hours). The vast majority of songs are played once a WEEK. Paradise repeasts a little more frequently, but hey its a better overall quality of music and their repeating is still very infrequent compared to broadcast radio.

Since I'm finding every excuse I can to not do other stuff I need to get done so I thought I'd share this with you. :)

Okay, I'm now finding iTunes isn't the largest (only the largest in my tiny little world up until now)...I've found more, bigger, better sites with even more stations and genres. OMG, I'm in streaming heaven. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! If only I could stream in my Jeep.

I love streams too, the bubbling brook of a calm creek is just the best relaxation ever!!!

:mrgreen: LOL But honestly, I love streaming radio too! I listen to it all the time. I'd love to stream in my jeep to or get satellite radio, that's good too. I listen to CD's mostly in my Jeep, the radio is so boring with repated songs and talk all the time.

Lady

Back