Still Over Heating So New Radiator Time

RedWrang

I have been having problems with my Jeep overheating after i drive it for 50 or so miles straight without stopping. When I come to a stop it just starts heating up and then starts dying out. Sat I was able to keep it running barely when it overheated. It only got to 215 on the gauge but thats high when it runs around 180 or so. Last week I added an electric fan but that did not seem to help out a bit. Yes my thermostat and waterpump are fine and no water leaks, so ive been told its new radiator time. I dropped it off this morning and Ill pick it up sometime this week with a new core and cleaned tanks. Hopefully this will fix it.[addsig]

Don't bank on a new thermostat, they are not always working properly and may not open at the rated temp. Check out Radiator Barn for replacement radiators at a great price.[addsig]

i had that happen to me and i took it out and i could not see though it so i hosed it out and fixed the crack it it's been fine except for a slow leak :evil: [addsig]

Just something to keep in mind.

Last year, during a hot spell, I noticed the temp gauge reading about 220, which is higher than usual. Always keeping my Jeep in good running order, I decided to go through the complete system and replaced the radiator, water pump, thermostat, hoses, and coolant. (A benefit of having a Jeep for years is replacement parts under warranty at no cost)

All of these changes made no difference in the temp reading. Leaving only a few options other than internal problems, I decided to replace the temp sender. (Solved) Now it runs 195 degrees all day all night, no change. (195-degree t-stat)

I never thought the sender would create a false reading. I was used to them either working or not
[addsig]

Back