standard tow hooks

BostonJeep

95 yj 2.5L 4banger

Okay, so i got my lights , euro guards (rear light covers ), and towhooks in the mail today. i put the euro guards on this afternoon (looks great), was about to put my tow hooks on my stock bumper, and i noticed the distance between the pre-drilled holes just below my lights( that originally had torx bolts in them ) was much longer than the distance between the bolts on the towhooks that i bought on jcwhitney...

does this mean i have to drill my own holes in the bumper, or are there any hooks you can buy with that bolt length apart?

thanks guys -bj[addsig]

The tow hooks for your YJ are the 3 hole longer type. I just saw some on eBay for about $13. They are OEM tow hooks. The other two hole tow hooks will not work. Don't drill! you already hae the hole there. When you find the other type of tow hook, you will have to cut a hole on the cover so the bolt can go through. If you need a picture, post you email address and I will forward you a pic of these.-Al[addsig]

Yea figure a way to mount the ones you have on the back for rear recovery points. Get some 3 holer's for the front. tug[addsig]

Stock YJ front hooks only have two holes, but they are longer than the ones you have. The aftermarket 3-hole hooks are what you want, using the two end holes. You have a second threaded hole under the plastic cover, that's the one you want to use.[addsig]

these look correct,

right?

ebay

edited by: BostonJeep, Jun 27, 2003 - 06:38 PM[addsig]

Back