speakers

wranglerman

i have had problems with the speakers in my jeep. i drive an 89 wrangler and the speakers are on each side of the dash. my tires stick out a lot farther than the fender flaires and in the spring and summer with the top is off it flings a lot of dirt and espically water into my speakers. i have been looking for some time to find water proof speakers that would fit in there but i cant. i was talking to a guy at a circuit city and he told me to spray cilicone onto the speakers before i installed them. i dont know if this would ruin the speaker or the sound. does anyboby have any suggestions?

RE: Bolts sheared off in frame!

Invest in some wider fender flares!

You mean like the spray silicone-lubricating stuff? It will work until it washes off, which will take a little bit of water to do so.

I would go with the wider flares. If your speakers have a paper cone then getting a little wet might be a problem, but if your speakers have a plastic cone then I cant imagine a little water or dirt is going to do anything to harm it.

On my YJ instead of using the stock speaker location i made a box that fits underneath the dash on top of the trani hump. this way you dont have to mess with gettin the speakers back up to the location and they're out of the way, unless you have AC.

LR

Harmonic Balancer trouble

Get some marine speakers that are ment for a boat Application. there a little more pricy but can get wet

RE: Harmonic Balancer trouble

poly speakers are the way to go

Speakers speak because speaker cones reciprocate.

Water and dirt equals mud.

When mud dries, we call it concrete. :wink:

When speaker housing accumulates pseudo-concrete, speaker cone cannot reciprocate.

No matter the speaker cone material.

Cover the speaker grilles or try to find louvered grilles.

Regards,

Gadget

Back