Some Pics of my update!

jps4jeep

Super Moderator
Well, in the week I had off, I got a little creative.
I made a center console for my YJ out of all sorts of things. I was gonna paint it up real nice, but since I don't clean my interior that often, and I figure a couple coats of flat black and minimal sanding was the way to go.
image-missing.png

The three gauages are a Cylinder Head temp, Stochiometric ratio (air/fuel) guage, and the last is a Transmission temp guage that I installed in my T case to watch the ATF temp. Lately I notice the shifter getting real hot, and ATF sarts to break down at 220 degrees.
image-missing.png

The three switches are all marine grade switches that I bought at the marine shop and are all water proof The first is for the OBA, the second is for the Chassis lights I also add last week and the third is for the Dixie air horns!!
image-missing.png

Cause I had to remove the Ash tray/12 volt socket, I go this one also which is also marine grade and water proof! and as you can see, my finger prints are all over it :oops:
image-missing.png

Here is a shot of the chassis lights, and this does it no justice, It looks better than a lot of the honda I see rolling around town!

I used four tractor lights from NAPA, they are water proof, impact resistant, and only $10.
image-missing.png

Here is a shot from the front. all the lights are up high and above the frame!

So are ya jealous?

mmmm.... nice..... Out of curiosity, what was your purpose for the chassis lights? To get the ricer effect, or for lighting to see under your rig?

Both.
wood and metal frame (can bend the metal to make compound curves.

Used a old T shirt to stretch over the frame and used some 2 part ressin to harden it up. than one layer of fiberglass on the back, some Kitty Hair and Fiberglass on the front.
Some bondo, a little sanding, a coat of primer, two of flat black, all done.

I used to build custom stereo's and enclosures and stuff so I am pretty handy with the Fiberglass, and kitty hair.

The Lights are for wheeling at night and should something break at night, a lot easier to see what I am fixxing, beats a flash light.

Very Nice. One of the things I love about the YJ is all that extra room under the dash for them little extras like that. I had built a speaker mount with for down ther and it sounded great. I really like what you did there. tug

I mounted my speakers in the spot where your new console sits. I like the under body lighting. Job well done now lets see some new used axles under that thing!

those are going to take a bit longer (my winter project) I think I am gonna trash the all original 120K mile abuse and beat D30/35's first! beat the bag out of them!

Back