Sold my jeep

jps4jeep

Super Moderator
RE: Tires

well sort of... Sold the 89 YJ project that was a mess! I had huge plans for it, stretched wheel base, D60/14 bolt, coil rear suspension, 4" leafs with SOA in front, hacked up body, fuel injected V8 etc... I aquired a lot of the parts but never started wrenching... so I sold it to a buddy that needed a frame and body (both were mint) so I was kinda down in the dump about this, considering the 94 is almost done (or at least done for now) so... I looked for a new project, 69 chevelle was the flavor I was interested in, looking for a cruiser... well found it!

I picked up a 83 CJ7 saturday!

Best part, it is complete, Mint fiberglass body, sort of runs (needs battery and ignition switch) and it was FREE!

Gonna give it a complete restoration, and make a street jeep (YIKE) ya I said it street jeep. V8, some 36" all terrains are my goal. Nice bling jeep! I got the 94 to trash off road!

I will get some pics up in a couple!

Sweet, round headlights rock! What motor and trans do you have?

A little more info on it.
It is a 6 cyl, all original from teh looks of things.
4 speed, dana 300 Dana 30 front and 2 piece dana20 rear.
Manual brakes. appears to have a lift, (2") but I am gonna discard it anyways, needs shocks and other odds and ends in the suspension.

Exterior needs..
Hood (nice dent from flying up on the High way)
both fenders, no rust, just dented
front bumper, also dented from same collision with a tree as the fenders
Body is fiberglass and was put on in 97, still white gel coat and is 100% perfect (minus good cleaning)
Frame is pretty junk! the rear cross member fell off! but I thinks I have a line on a nice frame!
Windshield frame fell off from being so badly rusted! I have a YJ frame that I just threw on there for now.

Interior needs
two seats, both are a little rough
Drivers side slider.. I have two YJ ones that I will put in.
Dash is rusted where the whidshield meets the dash.
Dash pad fell off when the windshield came off, so it is junk.
all electricals seam to work! (listened to the radio in it last night)
But can't start, the ignition switch in the column has key broken off in it! the guy that gave me the jeep let his kids use it as a jungle gym so it needs a new ignition switch.

Gonna get it drivable first, then I will start to tear it down and restore it.

I am having issues with my ISP right now, trying to load pics up, as soon as I get them up, will post!

I just hope the Yj doesn't get jellous

RE: chevey 350 for sale

Cant argue with free, nice find.

image-missing.png

here is a quick shot!

wow, you got that for free? That's such a good deal!!!!

From the picture, everything looks REALLY straight on it.

That's a good price! keep us updated!

And congrats.

Man, I've never seen a windshield that bad. I think I'm gonna fix my little rust spot this summer now.

Did someone do a cannonball on the hood? Nice purchase, or lack of... that ones gonna keep you busy!

There are some things I could point out about the jeep, but when considering it was free, I must admit it was a damn good deal!

Back