soft top or bikini kit

raptor_pilot

coolers

I'm in quite a delima here guys. I need to get something other than a hardtop. My dad's tired of helping me put it on and off. Can't use the garage either. I'm short on cash but can afford either. What's the best to get first. I inted to eventually get both. So soft top first or bikini, windjammer, and duster?
Mike

i would get a soft top you can take the window out and have an almost bikini top plus if your in a down pour of rain its quick to zip them up and be dry...just my opinion, all i have is a soft top and i like it in the spring when you have those unexpected down pours

With the Bonnett, Windjammer and duster you should be water tight and ready to roll. However if you loose the ease of throwing stuff in your back seat.

L33TJ33P said:
With the Bonnett, Windjammer and duster you should be water tight and ready to roll. However if you loose the ease of throwing stuff in your back seat.
do you have the whole kit cause people proably won't be in the back seat anyway? Just looking for a first hand opinion. That way's alot cheaper too!
Mike

Hi there,

I don't have a binki top yet but I will get one. For the mean time the soft top suits me well. I can have the windows out and the top up or down as well as the doors off and on all at my choice. Like today they are calling for rain and in a Jiff I put up my soft top and just left the windows all out like they have been. It's just convienent to have the options, I think. I wouldn't want my backseat covered, even when I get a bikini. I Do have back seat riders often, and carry crap around too since it's my daily driver.

Just yet another $.02 on the boards. lol Good luck with whichever you get.

Gotta love the soft top. Pull it down and fold it up in 5-10 min and put it up in less than 15 by yourself. Plus the storage/passenger problem is no longer a problem if you dont cover up all your spare storage and seating area. Biniki would be good to have for beach days and such... should be able to find one for less than $40 on ebay which shouldn't break your budget by much!
Your call!

L33TJ33P said:

Just got these 3 last week and they are definatley NOT WATERPROOF! You can keep the backseat in with the duster and just fold it down. If you have to put someone back there you can fold the duster halfway and tie it in the back so you dont have to completely remove it.
If these are your only top keep in mind you WILL GET WATER INSIDE.
It doesnt bother me, but didnt want you to be misled.

I like either of these choices:

image-missing.png

or

image-missing.png

That trail cover is only $100 from Quadratec, and doesn't look like it would take too long to put on. I've never used it, but it looks like you could take that with you pretty easily.

I would use a soft top if your not going to Herculiner your jeep... I also recently Herculined, aka "pimped", and now I only use my bikini top when it rains to keep the water out of my eyes! So my answer: Herculiner+Bikini

I would also go with the Bikini, I love mine and it is quick and easy. Depending on the climate you are in it would most likely be the cheapest, and best choice. Also if you're not planning on getting it wet you should drive a jeep. Getting it wet is the best part I agree with Rob.

Bikini, pull the carpets, plugs, and lose the back seat...only way to go.

Back