Snitty came across a great deal today

Snitty

I came across a guy, who has an Amish friend who makes leaf springs... and another who makes coil springs... I am not sure on the price of the coils... but I do know that he charges $35 per leaf pack... and that goes for ANY amount of lift (basically the amount of curve), ANY width, and up to 5 leafs thick... the one drawback is that he does NOT deal with the main leaf... so that will have to be retained, or found from something else... but despite that, I think that $140 for a good sized lift is a GREAT deal

Snitty going to run the first ever Jeepz. Amish lift Cool only do you have to grow a beard and wear a black hat after the install. Tug

i would kinda be weary of that b/c who knows what spring rates u will get, and the quality of the work even though hand made can not be as good as engernieered ones,

Newest thing on the market GAS suspension. Good Amish Suspension! tug

no joke here... i've seen his springs under a ranger, and they've been installed on many other vehicles, they are good springs.. don't be turned away by the fact that they are made by an amish man... the springs are not cast, nor forged from a block... they are not fired and pounded like the swords of camelot... I believe he actually buys the springs, then arches them and places them together... it is good quality work, and i'm told that they are not inferior, they hold up well, and do not wear unevenly

i might see what he can do for me... if i can get a 4-6 inch lift for under 200 bucks... its worth trying... if i don't like it... at least it's ebay worthy

well i live just north of amish country in PA... and just southwest of amish country in NY... so i can probably look around and find some really nice deals

NO accurate speedometer reading!!!!!!!1111

Hey snitty, I don't believe you, wanna take his picture for me? JK I know they hate having there picture taken! If you want to the field research, and report back to the board! that would be killer. Hell, I will make a deal with you. You get thos 6 inch lift springs, I will drive down from Boston, help you put them on, go wheelin, and pull you out or vice verca!
I will even give the parts list and parts numbers for all the other things you will need!

Johnny

PS
I wish I was amish, no electrical bill and very fashion sensable (black is slimming)

Snitty I love it. Now let me ask one question of everyone here. "Did you ever hear of anything the Amish built that was not totaly top rate." Think about it! Your right I was just haven a bit of fun. I would rather have somethnig built by hand by a true craftsman than any thing a doodle head can come up with on a computer thinking his way through and never haven put a hand to any of his or her work! Go for man and with 6 inches of lift after time and wear and tear on them big springs say they sag and inch or two who is going to notice. Maybe they will sag with age to allow your growing old bones a way to keep getting into the high horse. hehehehe tug.

it wouldn't matter much to me even if i got a 4 inch, and they sagged 2 inches in a few months... i'm sure it wouldn't happen that way.... but it is still a good price. $140 is more than i want to spend on anything... but then... even if they are not the best, I still know where I can go for replacement leafs if my plow ever does a number on me...

jps... I once heard that the amish get REALLY big horseshoes and toss some wooden 72" wagon wheels on.... I was challenged offroad once, don't underestimate TRUE horsepower

That is too funny.Did you accept the challenge? :lol:

Back