Snap locations on the body

Greywolf

Hey ya'll,

Odd question sorta I know but...

To those of you that have snap down tops (if anyone?) for a 1976-1983 CJ-5... did the snap kits come with a template so you know where to drill the mounting holes on the body? If not would someone be kind enough to make one for me and e-mail it with the measurements (center of hole to center of hole all the way around tub, please).

All of my soft tops until now have been fast track models (which I do like better), but I was offered a near new, snap down top and doors for my CJ-5 at a price I simply could not refuse ($25 all in... needed the top, the deal was great).

Thanks for you help,

Chris[addsig]

wait, so you already HAVE the top?... why can't you just use your cover as a template?[addsig]

Hey, ya gotta work with me a little here, this is my girlfriends Jeep and she expects it to be as near to perfect as possible. Is that even possible with a Jeep? hehehe If it is, I've never had the privilege.

Personally I'll stick to my CJ-7 and my Scrambler. More room for my petitely challenged self ya see.

I was thinking of using the cover as the template... only problem she kept asking about was whether the measurements would be correct, since as we all know, when the tops aren't good and warm they do kinda misshape. My thinking is there couldn't be THAT much distortion.

Just trying to keep the lady happy right? Who knows, maybe this thing will go off (okay, on) without a hitch.

--Chris

[addsig]

Back