Skiing

LRwrnglr

Large turkey sub

Well this last couple days I went skiing at Red River New Mexico with my church group and wow it was an adventure. My second time skiing and it was a blast!! I've seen where a couple people on the site are from New Mexico and was wonderin if anyone was perhaps skiin the same days I was(Tuesday and Wednesday)??

LR

Another Newbie

Nope, but I was getting snowed on by the same storm!! Was it as thick up there as it was in Albuquerque?

BTW, my friends and I are going camping and wheeling in Red River Mid May.

RE: I can

My family is skiing and snowboarding in Angel Fire, NM. From what I've heard, y'all are getting amzing amounts of snow.

All my friends ski/snowboard, but I never have. I always hear about how much fun it is, and keep thinking I should try it.

haha, several times I have driven my friends up to the mountain, but I always end up going wheeling while they're up there.

RE: I

haha, several times I have driven my friends up to the mountain, but I always end up going wheeling while they're up there.

Oooo, thats a tough choice. . . snowboard or wheel. It really is that fun. Once you get over the beginner stage, it's a blast. I'm both a skier and a snowboarder and I would suggest snowboarding over skiing any day. I enjoy the board so much more. Just my opinion, but I would definitely give it a shot Wrangles. If you can though, take some lessons, they'll help a lot.

RE: Re: RE: college

SenorCole86 said:

Oooo, thats a tough choice. . . snowboard or wheel. It really is that fun. Once you get over the beginner stage, it's a blast. I'm both a skier and a snowboarder and I would suggest snowboarding over skiing any day. I enjoy the board so much more. Just my opinion, but I would definitely give it a shot Wrangles. If you can though, take some lessons, they'll help a lot.

I do both also and I like skiing the best. Its a personal preference, if you can try both go for it. I think skiing is the easiest to learn initially but the hardest to master.

Re: RE: Skiing

Yeah I gave up a couple weekends of wheelin to go snowboarding this winter... Speaking of which, check this out, I use it on my board. It's friggin sweet!!

www.theoriginalspin.com

It's all about snowboadring. Just so you know Wrangles, it's frustrating when you start, but by the end of the day, you'll be having a blast. Just get yerself an arse pad. It's worth it.

RE: Re: RE: Motor Oil

SenorCole86 said:
That is pretty nice, how's it hold up though? Is it tough, and is it prone to slipping off or anything?

The disks are mounted right to the board, no slipping at all of any kind. You just pull on your leash which is connected to the pin and turn your foot. It really comes in handy when your on the lift... your board can stay straight like skis. I used to work with the guy who invented these things and I have seen them come all the way from an idea in his head. My brother and I have been product testing them for a couple winters now. I have only seen one break. My brother hit a jump and landed weird... the product was re-engineered and fixed.

Check out the video link on the lower left hand corner.

RE: Runk Bumpers

south442 said:
I would love snow skiing if it weren't so darn cold. :lol:

I think I'll stick to water skiing. :D

I too think water skiing is much more fun. Although, there too, I'm a wake boarder as opposed to skiing.

mingez said:
south442 said:
I would love snow skiing if it weren't so darn cold. :lol:

I think I'll stick to water skiing. :D

I too think water skiing is much more fun. Although, there too, I'm a wake boarder as opposed to skiing.

I went waterskiing once when I was 10-11 and wrecked bad. It kinda turned me off all together. I like tubing though and wake boarding is fun.

RESTORED JEEP J10 FOR SALE

I think that while I was in Red River we got like.......17 inches of snow. There was a lot of powder where it wasnt groomed on the mountain. I've never tried water skiing, always wanted to though.

LR

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Skiing

I think that while I was in Red River we got like.......17 inches of snow. There was a lot of powder where it wasnt groomed on the mountain. I've never tried water skiing, always wanted to though.

LR

RE: Insurance

Last time I was in CO we got 24" overnight of powder. Coming from the east coast, that was amazing and unlike anything I had seen before. So much fun.

RE: jeep parts fs in ma.

Judge, We had a 25" dump at Bershire East during that blizzard in February and that's not too far from you.

I just got back from a week in CO yesterday and they are getting dumps every day and night. We were at Mary Jane at Winter Park, over 12,000 feet. That's though when you're used to eastern skiing.

We just got 6" here last night :roll:

Back