Shocks for the money

FiCJeep

Are my starter's days numbered?

Im going to be overhauling my Jeep this winter ...... im interested in the best shocks for the money........ the CJ is going to have somewhat trick suspension....... 2.5" YJ springs and SOA with either a 3/4 D44 up front or D60 up front ........ rear is undetermined as far as height of springs but it will be using XJ packs and a 14bolt........ so im looking for shocks that arent going to limit my flex ...... ill use bumpstops and limiting straps for that........ but what is the best shocks for the money

FiC

Brake Warning Light reset

For allowing flex the length of the shock is a factor, but quality isn't really a factor.

Look for a set that is specifically valved for your application and not just sold by length.

RE: Shackle reversal experiences....

Doetsch-Tech 3000's for about $30 each, contact Rubicon Express and they'll get you the exact length you need, considering you provide extended and compressed requirements for front and rear.

XJ leaves are pretty long, for a CJ frame. Why not use YJ springs all the way around?

Im going to use the XJ packs because i have planned to move my rear axle back and with XJ packs it should move it back about 7 inches

Back