shipping a jeep, couldn't find old posts about this.

This one was done RIGHT!

Go to ebay and snoop around for shipping charges - DAS is the company - they have a form to fill out for a quote on prices - there is a basic charge for terminal to terminal on your selected vehicle, then you can add on the bells and whistles....open or enclosed carrier(enclosed is more), top or lower "berth"(top is more), insurance or no insurance(duh), guaranteed delivery date or not(double duh!) DAS has preselected terminals that you choose, usually the closest to pick-up and delivery spots. You and the seller or reps. are responsible for setting the wheels in motion for getting the vehicle to and from the terminals at both ends. For more $$$, there is another shipping company(DAS reps. can hook you up with them)that is somehow affiliated with DAS that will pick-up the vehicle from a sellers house and deliver it to your house without inconvience to the seller or buyer at all. A personal quote 1 year ago was $895.00 base price by DAS from Atlanta, Ga to Portland, Or. for a CJ that was lifted 4"(it fell within height requirements). I had excellent luck with my transfer from there to here thru the door-to-door carrier. No hits, no runs, and no errors. I had to add a couple of extras to my transaction where you may not need to. Good luck. When one can find what they want for the right price and it happens to be 3000 miles away, $895.00 ain't a bad price to achieve one's dream. LBR

i used able auto for my jeep from cleveland to raleigh,nc and it was $475 on open carrier.
i transferred my 69 vette from arizona to raleigh on enclosed with fedex passport for $1540.
fedex passport is very highly rated and did an excellent job! able was great too,very quick...2 days i think.

randomjeeper said:
i don't know about that white character... :p
He is not the type of guy you want riding in your back seat at paragon!!

HA

He is not the type of guy you want riding in your back seat at paragon!!
or anywhere else :lol:, at least at paragon he is useful :twisted: ...

i'm still sorting through quotes and going on many helpful suggestions ( thanks sacredgroove and lbr!). i'll let you guys know how it goes :) !

RE: New Member At Jeepz :)

Let me know what your cheapest quote is and I'll see if I can do it for less. Not promising anything but I'll check it out. It would be a long bus ride home, so I'm not sure.

thanks to everyone for the suggestions, i ended up going with DAS and the move went well :) .

my jeep got to CA safe and sound minus a slight mishap with my cb antenna (the kind that sticks to the window). i either had to tie it down or unscrew it and let it hang off the side of the jeep, so i chose to tie it down. well the force unstuck the sticky window patch, but the DAS guy undid my tiedown (and even complimented me on it :wink: ) and luckily the sticky patch had enough stickiness to adhere to the window again, so we'll see how long it lasts on there. all the people i dealt with were nice; the guys who picked up my jeep and the guys who dropped it off talked to me about it a little 8) .

my jeep arrived 4 days earlier than what they had predicted, so it took 12 days to get from PA to CA (still 12 very long days for me :cry: ). i could track it the whole time, and i don't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing because i was tracking it like a fiend!

so i'm not jeepless anymore :D and life is good :D !!

I am so happy to hear that you and the jeep made it!! I hope you are happy there and enjoying warmer weather. Being without the jeep sucks. I know that feeling well lately myself.

Lady

RE: Re: Help my buddy win the Miss USA pageant!

randomjeeper said:
has anyone ever had any experiences with shipping his/her jeep across the us? if so, how much did it cost, etc. any advice?

i tried searching because i know there have been posts about this topic before, but my searches were fruitless :( . i would love to drive it across the country, but that's not really an option right now.

Yes, I shipped VEX acros the US to the east coast to MD from Montana. NASA shipped me and it to north Africa since I insisted if they wanted me to go, VEX went to. They arranged for shipping across the US also. From there we were freightered by a contractor of W.. R Grace & Co., NY, NY to Moroco via Liberian registered freightor. The trans-US trip was hosted by BNSF and Chessie Systems from Chicago to Baltimore. Cost: $558.00 in 1996, from Whitefish Montana to Balitmore Maryland. Rail is cheapest.

Robert

My son transports expensive autos and collections around the world. He uses DAS. Very important to have a good auto shipper. DAS transported my Willys from Colorado to Connecticut and it had to be winched on and off because the fuel pump blew while loading it :roll: . This meant the tank had to be drained also. DAS just handled it AND they used an enclosed trailer because it didn't have a top.

Back