Shinin' her up.

indiemo

Well, it's almost summer time, which means it's time for a fresh coat of wax on the TJ. I really want to buff it out first this time though to clean up some swirl marks and stuff. I'm dreadfully afraid of using the wrong stuff though and doing it wrong and ruining the paint. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good buffing compound and/or tips for technique and equipment?

I have a feeling this will be a short lived thread. I wax with the spray on type at the local pay n' spray that comes out the hose.

I have reverted back to the carwash spray on wax. Having owned 2 BLACK jeeps I use to spend countless hours trying to get the wax perfect cause every shows up on black. I have used Mequars 3 step cleaning and waxing compounds and I almost got it halfway decent. But the first trip through the mud after that and it really doesnt matter anymore. The carwash spray on wax does a great job of protecting and unless you are "showing" your jeep, my recommendation is not to waste your time and money on the more expensive stuff.

Back