Service Garages

chuckndonna67

Recently acquired an '88YJ. I am not mechanically inclined. Before I had an '83 CJ7 in Arizona and we had two great 4-wheel drive garages within 2 miles. Here in eastern PA I have found 0. But there are the Jeep Dealers/Service. The person I bought the '88 from did all his own engine work and really has the engine running terrible--stalling, fast idle, running after key off. Would just a soon pay someone to tune it up and get it running right. What has the experience been out there with Jeep Service Centers (dealership affiliated) or private service centers?
:-? [addsig]

I work at a service station so I am kinda partial, I am not mechanicaly inclined, so I don't do most of the mechanical work on my jeep. If I were you I would ask around and try to find a service station or other automotive shop that is highly recomended. Dealers are over priced and usually are not the best with older rides. Before I started working at the station I had all my work done at a shop I liked. I like to go down and talk to people instead of over the phone it tends to give me a better idea of what I'm dealing with. Good Luck and if your ever in Lincoln, Ne let me know and I tell ya about a couple great shops. Evan ;-) [addsig]

Where in Eastern PA are you? I'm in Effort and theres a shop in brodheadsville that Im kind of partial to. Its called Open Road Auto Cycle and 4X4. The guy who owns it is Dave and he knows his stuff when it comes to jeeps and trucks.[addsig]

i'm also in eastern PA and could probably point out a good garage or 2...[addsig]

To those that have responded THANKS!! I am located in Easton, PA-- East Central near the Delaware River across from Phillipsburg NJ. There are lots of auto garages but would like to find one that specializes in 4-wheel drive vehicle, and more specifically Jeeps. Willing to travel to a good one! :) [addsig]

Jerrys Auto on the Jackson Love Hwy. Honest Fair and will do what you ask of him at a fair price. I hope you can find the same in your neck of the wood! Tug :-D [addsig]

Hey chuck, I work in p-burg so next time I go to work Ill check around to see if i can find any specialized jeep shops. I know that theres OK 4WD on route 57, just take 22 over the bridge then itll split to 22 to the right and 57 to the left. just take the left and go a whiles(sorry dont know how far) and its on your right. Hope this helps

TARSI[addsig]

TARSI
I've checked out OK 4WD. They only work on drive-train---no engine work. They say they have enough business in drive-train alone. They recommended a couple auto repair shops, one in Washington, and one in Phillipsburg....Rossnagles. Don't know anything about these. I was looking specifically for 4 WD in the name. If you come up with any others in the area, please let me know.

DINGUS
Since you are in eastern PA, can you recommend a good jeep engine repair garage?[addsig]

the best mechanic is yourself. only you will make sure that the best job is done. period.

that said, the only place i can think of off the top of my head is just a general all around ANAL RETENTAVE mechanic. his name is John Marchione of plumsteadville (215-766-9464)

-nate[addsig]

Back