September 11, 2001

Wheelin in RI

Gadget,

Thank you for the site, I remember looking at it before. I cannot look today, I apologize.

I will never forget though and always have the families and workers of the WTC in my memory.

Lady

Katya's first Jeep.. (I couldn't resist)

I know I will never forget watching the second tower fall live on TV from my boss's office....

Wow that stirred up a lot of emotions. I will never forget, but seeing those pictures again really takes you back to when it all happened.

I think taking that stuff off TV is wrong. I said that to a co-worker this morning and he called me an angry white male. Well so be it - the shoe fits.

Please help with my S-10

When it happened, I was in my Junior Year of high school. I was in a morning class when another teacher came in and told my teacher about the attack. Luckily enough we had a television in that classroom. Eventhough we were using an antenna to view the news station, we could make out what those bastards have done to those buildings. I even felt like I was tearing up as I watched the tv.

I have never forgotten, nor will I ever forget. These barbarians need to pay for what they have done. George Bush is handling this the way it needs to be handled.

If only everyone in this world can think the way we Americans think, then we can all fight this together.

P.S.
Always rely on good ole' Garth Brooks to tell a story the way it should be told.

Gave the XJ a little trail/flex testing today (pics)

bryanjeep said:
P.S.
Always rely on good ole' Garth Brooks to tell a story the way it should be told.

or Darryl Worley :lol:

If only everyone in this world can think the way we Americans think, then we can all fight this together.
It'll never happen. There's a WHOLE lotta people out there that don't have it as good as we do. Something else we shouldn't forget.

I will never frget that day. I was at the police academy for in-service training, when the head of the academy came running in and told us that a plane had crashed into the world trade center. We all went into the classroom with the recruits and watched the news. While we were watching the news reports, plane 2 hit and tore up tower 2. There was a great deal of sorry, and anger flowing through the room, as everyone had known that this was a terrorist attack by that point. Further news watching lead to discovery of plane 3 hitting the Pentagon and plane 4 crashing in PA. It was such a sad day for the United states and to those who lost lives in this most violent assault on the U.S. I saw a room full of current police officers, along with the new recruits come together as a family, willing to face any more challenges that these terrorists may throw at us. That was the sadest and also the proudest day of my life. I have never been more proud to be a police officer than the moment i saw the bravery put forth by NYPD and NYFD and wished i could have been there to help. I have been an officer for 4 years and ever since 9/11, I have always worn a special symbol of that date on my uniform. Its a brass pin with an american flag on it, and underneath it says, "I remember". This reminds me why I do what i do, and also to remind me of those who paid the ultimate price to save others. God bless American.

911 is about all of us, as a person, a nation, and as human beings all across the world.

However, there is nothing unique I can add to this subject other than to express how I feel and how I try to relate to such a horrible tragedy. How I relate, is by remembering the biggest tragedy of my life: the day my mother passed away.

I can honestly say that the day 911 occurred, I was as confused as the day I fell into a canal as a 12 year old boy, and almost drowned. I was confused by seeing images of my mother jumping in and showing me unconditional love, thinking only one thing: "I need to save my son". The same kind of unconditional love and heroism all NYPD and NYFD showed in risking their lives for those they didn't even know.

The sadness I felt on 911, was the same sadness I felt when I found out that she died trying to save me. The same sadness countless family members felt when discovering that their loved ones perished in the service of saving strangers.

The pride I felt in knowing she had the courage to do what she did, was the same pride every American should feel... in knowing that our serviceman, firefighters, police officers, and EMT's, have the guts and the moxy, as well as the unconditional love to risk their lives...to risk the relationships they share with their families, inorder to help others keep their families intact. It's amazing the courage these people possess.

As I said, this isn't about me, and I hope this is taken in the spirit I intended. But attempting to understand such a tragedy is hard, and the only way I can do so is through personal experience. All I can do is hold back the tears and try to do right by the heros of 911 and their families.

So to them I say: "I salute you all, and the sacrifices you've made. The words I type are unworthy of the valor you expressed."

--ian

Back