Sahara vs. Rubicon

tubbyrob

i was wondering is the sahara model higher than the rubicon model. i was looking on the jeep website and it says the sahara has a bigger rim but not sure if that would make the sahara stand a little taller that the rubicon.

The sahara has these tires P255/70R18 OWL On-/Off-Road Tires. Does the 255 mean 32in tires?

The sahara has these tires P255/70R18 OWL On-/Off-Road Tires. Does the 255 mean 32in tires?

255/70/18 = 32.1x10/18

The Rubicon this the "highest" model you can get. Rubicon comes with lockers, sway bar discos, D44 front and back etc. Sahara is just a trim package that includes the painted fender flares.

What i mean by highest is if the suspension is the same or is there a diffrence. i know when it comes to extras the rubicon has more. but i was just wondering about the hight if maybe the coil springs were diffrent or the same and both have 32in tires except the rubi has the bfg tires with a more aggressive tread pattern and i belive they are mud terrain or some thing like that as oppossed to the Bridgestone A/T the sahara comes with.

personally I would go with the cheapest jk maderocker guards, swap some ton's under it, 3" lift and some 37's and be done. might come in at or under a rubi's price depending on where you source parts.

I read an article when the new Jeep JK's came out in which they bought a base model, 2 wheel drive model, added a transfer case and put aftermarket axles and lockers under it for less than the cost of a fully loaded Rubicon.

Real Jeeps are built.

Thats not the first time I have heard that. Plus you get better equipment than what Jeep gives you for the money.

I read an article when the new Jeep JK's came out in which they bought a base model, 2 wheel drive model, added a transfer case and put aftermarket axles and lockers under it for less than the cost of a fully loaded Rubicon.

Real Jeeps are built.

Wait a minute here. They make 2 wheel drive wranglers now?

compared to what?
X2

I can think of a number of vehicles that are similarly equip, not sure if a Rubi is really the "Best"

If talking new vehicles
Power wagon
FJ cruiser
H3T
F150 Raptor (not sure if it is for sale yet)

All these models have front and rear lockers, improved t-case gearing over non-offroad counterparts and more agressive tires. ya.. three of them are IFS, but I know you were at fall crawl and saw the F/S chevy with IFS and 38's survive trail 9 (I think he was on)

BTW, what trail were yo on? I saw your banner in the back

The Sahara has the same ride height as the top dog Rubicon.

Then you have to ask are you talking about a TJ Rubicon or JK Rubicon.

Back