Rusted out Windshield

Swagsbee97

I have a 1995 Jeep Wrangler YJ, and my windshield is rusted out, and cold air blows in through the bottom, even when it rains water will drip through onto my foot. I was wondering around how it would cost to fix it? Because sadly I am a jobless teen for now.

Seal with silicone for now (winter). Deal with it in dry-spring time. If it's not bad, old metal could be cut out-replaced & repainted. If its bad, a used or new frame may be needed.

Seal with silicone for now (winter). Deal with it in dry-spring time. If it's not bad, old metal could be cut out-replaced & repainted. If its bad, a used or new frame may be needed.

10-4 on that advice, In the mean time being a newcomer to the world of jeeps and being a teen, focus on the skills required to do this by a professional.Tig welding is a skilll which is easily learned and well aid you well in dealing with sheet metal. Even brazeing with oxy acetylene will enable you to do this repair yourself. Good luck Bro.

Quadratech has that frame replacement for $140 but I realize it won't do you any good without the cash. I'm sure you've been searching locally for one . Shoring it up for now as suggested will get you through to the spring and give you time to think about a plan . Replace or repair.

Good news! I now have a job, so replacing it can now be a viable option.

All right ! Party at your house ! But seriously , be sure to check around the cowling where the frame rests for any rust since water and dirt like to find their way EVERYWHERE ! Check it out good and make what repairs you can if need be. Post back your findings and advice is free !
best of luck and don't forget to spend some cash on your girl , she'll hate your jeep if you don't .
nah , just kidding . Make it nice , and she will be happy to be sitting right there with you :love:

We should put the word out , wonder if someone has one in their private stash .

Back