RTI ramp question?

jps4jeep

Super Moderator
I am gonna be building a RTI ramp for my jeep club so we have some thing else to do at meet and greats! well I was looking around the web and found that the angle of the ramps seams to be different in all the write ups. I saw the following angles from different sites..
20, 22, 23, 25, 30, 32, 35.

Which one is best. I saw 20 degree's the most, is that a standard?

Thanks in advance!

i have always thought 30 degrees was the way to go

RE: One Jeep OEM Aluminum Wheel, 15x7

Now if ya figured up a way to make it adjustable, that would be cool...

Nathan

I've seen 22 and 30 more often than anything. The size(and amount of fun) will be determined by the rigs using it. For near stockers, a 22 will be more appropriate and allow people to make it up the ramp further. Making one adjustable wouldn't be too hard.

RTI ramps are cool, and a very good tool to have when setting up a suspension and checking clearances. An interesting part of having access to one is that the more you play with it(and watch others play with it) and compare it to real world instances--the more you realize that ultimate flex isn't really that big of a deal.

if you were to use pins on each support leg, you could have just about any angle you wanted i.e. like on a weight bench.

RE: Jeep Bling Bling

23* is the standard I've seen, then the jump to 30*. Problem with an adjustible ramp is the heavy weight and questionable strength and sturdiness if not done correctly.

Our club built a 30*, then everybody is on the same playing field, comparing apples to apples.

RE: More Jib Jab for Inauguration Day...

When you build it put wheels (spring loaded?) on it so it can be moved around out of thw way when not in use. We had a metal/adjustable loading ramp at the shop I worked at and it was a b#*ch to move without wheels

RE: water in auto transmission

Well, I started to draw up some scetches, I was seriously considering the 30* and then make it adjustable... but I think is am going to avoid the adjustability all together. 30* should be fine... as for the trailer part, way ahead of you, picked up a rear axle out of a 87 caravan last week. as soon as the schematics are all set, parts list and build sheet will be next!

Oh ya some more gas for the welder.

RE: Jeep Hurricane WOW! 2 Hemi

if the little pins can hold a jack stand up.... i'm sure you can use pins to adjust an rti ramp...

Well, this is for when there are jeep meet and greets and car shows we are frequent at!

Back