Roy Jones...Tell me you saw it.

mingez

Holy crap, he's done.

He got knocked out by a guy I could knock out. He had no heart in this one, and he was hurt BADDDDD!!!!

he got his ass kicked! that was great!! he is/ was always so cocky.

Didn't see it - guess it was one of those Mike Tyson/ Buster Douglous deals, eh? Thought nobody could beat Tyson when he first came around, and didn't think anybody (light-heavy anyway) would EVER beat Jones. Just goes to show, I guess........

I didn't see it.....dernit!! I ditched the dish and haven't gotten cable hooked back up yet. He was done a long time ago.....he just chose/timed his fights VERY well. He's one of those boxers that everybody seems to love, like Holyfield back in the day. I don't like him and never have, Holyfield either. Holyfield showed his colors when he did the jab and grab(twice!) on Tyson after talking all that crap. I don't like Tyson either, but if I was him I'd send Holyfield one earring for Christmas every year.

It wasn't like the Busterdouglas/Tyson fight. Roy already got knocked out by Tarver. It's just that this time, his opponent was the worst he'd ever faced. Buster proved to be a descent heavyweight. This guy, he won't have the title for very long. And he was internationally known as a guy that didn't have a strong punch. If you see it, the punch wasn't that hard. Jones' chin is now just THAT weak and then his head bounced of the mat like 2-3 times. I think he was still recouping from Tarver.

Terrible. I didn't care for Jones, but I did love his game.

76cj7nola said:
Missed it have not been keeping up with boxing much more into mixed Martial Arts...

You said it!! I lost soooo much respect for boxers when I got into MMA. It would almost be too horrific to watch if ANY of the top five ranked boxers made the mistake of climbing in a pride fighting ring with ANY ranked MMA fighter. Boxing isn't fighting though, it's a sport and you have to appreciate some of those guys ability to do so much with such limitations.

I started training in Martial Arts late in life around 34, 4 years ago. What I wouldn’t give to have a few years back to actually fight in something other than a regular Martial Arts tournament...........

Catskill Jeep Jamboree

mingez said:
Jones' chin is now just THAT weak.......I think he was still recouping from Tarver.

Ya beat me to it Mingez. I used to really be into boxing. Some guys who are strong and fast never take a really hard shot to the jaw like that, but when they finally do it's just a superglued together water goblet. Jones is obviously one of those guys. He and Tyson were so exiting to watch in their heydays, but both were such jackasses that I always kinda wanted to see them get beat. Jones never showed up for the Tarver fight. Big mistake.

I kind of liked Holyfield. To watch box, not the person. I really don't follow any of their personal lives other than instances like Tyson who was always all over the news.

Sounds like I didn't miss much of a fight.

spent his whole career avoiding big punches. started to slow down, at a later age. Never been hit like that before..

Also, he cant intimidate his opponents like he used to be able to, now that it is known he is beatable.

WHen he hit the ground and looked paralyzed for a few moments, i believe it wasnt due to the punch, but his head hitting the canvas...

I have it on tivo, watched the knockout like 100 times...

Yeah, it wasn't a big punch at all. And his head hitting the canvas was the reason his body flexed from head to toe. I think it was a combo of an underdeveloped chin, genetics (some are predisposed to having a chin), and some left over shock from the first knock out by Tarver. He came back too quickly to fight after his first career knock out loss.

Nola, I too was a MMA guy. I kick boxed amatuer for 6 years, and then got into Jujistu. In MMA, I had 3 fights won 2 by submission, both knee bars, and one knock out. I lost by heel hook. Got out of it because, even when you win, you feel like you lost. But I love it to this day.

Mingez

You live in New Mexico right? What is there to do in Albuquerque, there is a United States Karate Alliance National Championship tournament there every year in April. Been thinking about going to compete.

yeah I saw it, it was a pretty bad fight I think, I was very upset with his performance. I thought he would do so much better than that. My girlfriend laughed at me b/c I was yelling at him/tv.

Back