Roll cage on ebay?

jhoe_20

There is a 10 point roll cage kit on ebay for 250 bucks its 1 5/8" electric welded seam tubing. Is this Junk or decent pipe? I thin it was .134 thickness

Eh, I don't know. It looks like you have to do all the welding yourself, so that may have dropped the price. Still, a Kentrol sport bar kit costs $230, and I know those sport bar kits work. :?|

I built mine out of a 2 1/4 O.D. Sched. 80 black pipe.

Just out of curiosity, are you going to tie the cage into the frame? My friend has a sport bar that is tied to the frame. He rolled his Jeep and everything was fine (except his shredded radiator), so he drove home.

Whether the pipe is for poop, or for a roll bar, you're still relieved either way.

Seriously? Is that poop pipe?

i think its the same as HREW tubing

It is "poop pipe." I used some SCHED 40 on the the back of my cage when I needed a quick fix because it was the same OD as what I had. It's been holding up great so far... Plenty of people have used it to build cages with plenty of success, but it's not HREW.

If you look at the far side of the cage you can see my one really bent bar. It's made of SCHED 40 and saved my ass in a particularly bad roll. I have no qualms about the stuff.

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

For reference, my Jeep is sprung over, with a one inch body lift, stock XJ packs with an add a leaf and stock front packs. I run 38" TSL's on Hummer beadlocks at about a 5" backspace on full width axles. I can stuff my tires to the hood.

Last edited:
Back