rock crawlers

1bigmf

i been reading for just a little and i was wondering how many rockers are on this site... i know we have yall boys from up north that like that mud but who out here crawl .... thanx for your info

tx4wd

image-missing.png
[addsig]

Rockcrawlers are as forign to me as french! However I wish we had a rock big enough to crawl on. We have mostly just good mountian trails around here. I live just off of the Appalachian Trail and over the years the forest service has cut trails, fire roads, logging trails, and ect. That is what we have to play on. Someday I hope to go west and play in them big ol rock piles. Tug[addsig]

also being from the northeast, i'm not too crazy about rock crawling... i'm sure its fun for some people... but to do it you NEED lockers, huge lifts, big ass tires, etc... you break things, and probably can't reasonably use that jeep as a daily driver either.[addsig]

I grew up in the South West, four wheeled from Bakersfield south to Sonora and north Baja. West to the Ocean and East to the Superstition mountains in Arizon. Alot of rocks out there. My brother was a hobby prospector and I liked checking out wildlife and just driving. But still the majority was loose stuff, washed out trails, washes and stuff. Rocks are kinda hard on the equipement and to tell the truth scaired the heck out of me. Kinda like free climbing without a rope. Seen decades of rusted hulks and stripped 4X´s out there, from model T´s to last years model.

Managed to get into enough hairy situations, just following somebody elses tracks. Used to get into some of the places that are famous now, on the east slopes of the Sierras, west of needles and down by the Colorado. Always managed to get back out, but can´t really see it as a test, or a challenge, usually going somewhere and the old Jeep was the way to do it.[addsig]

thank you for the replys ... was just wondering how many of you were into it
image-missing.png
down here we get both kinds of wheelin ... the slippin in the mud while trail running and the rock crawling ... they both have their place but i do love going down a trail that's just two miles long and it takes 2 or 3 hours .... it wears on you and thats part of the fun .... then we get lucky and some rain will fall (after a few months) and will hit the dirt ,, so we can run the woods ... it's good to have a change ,, once in a while ,, but i can only slide around for so long before i want to be back on the rocks again... i have to have my rocks
image-missing.png
yall are right ,, we need lifts that can fit 33s or 35s with them at full flex... hey have fun out there,,, all the good runs are around the corner...
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back