Ring and Pinion Change

geronimo_e

Hi, i was wondering, do i have to change the R&P on the 2 axels when i do a swap or can i just change the rear one, from a 3.31 to a 4.11?? Thanks for the help... :-? [addsig]

Unless you never will put it in 4 wheel drive then you ahve to have the ratios match.[addsig]

yeah... both axles... unless you only drive in 2wd... or if you have different size tires to make up for it... best do both[addsig]

ok, and do they have to be 4.11 in the front and 4.11 in the back or is there a diference in ratio's. A friend told me that the front axel spins faster than the rear one, becouse of the transfer case, is that true... Thanks for the information, it's been very usefull. :) [addsig]

Nope, the front doesn't spin faster due to the tansfer case. If you have 4.11s in the rear you MUST have 4.11s in the front if you want to put it in 4WD.

TARSI[addsig]

If the gearing does not match front and back the wheels front and back will pull at different speeds. Thuss your rear end will try to pass your front end or your front end will go so much faster than your rear end you will wind up in a Jeep Limo! hehehehe tug :-D :lol: ;-) :lol: :-D [addsig]

Back