Rims

wranglerman

I have the polished aluminum American Racing Baja series rims on my Jeep. I have done an ok job of keeping the rims clean, polishing them every so often. When I purchased the rims I got a deal on the fifth rim as a spare. I recently got the rim out of the box and after comparing the never used rim to the used rims realized how much better they looked new. I want to bring them back to brand new shine. I talked to a guy and he suggested using the Turtle Wax Rubbing compound then using the mothers polish. Not the heavy duty but the regular. Has anyone tried this with any success? Looking on the internet some people say to stay away. Will this eat into the finish of the rim? Please let me know if you have any suggestions. When I wax the rims I use the mothers and it works well but does not make them look as nice as they could. Thanks.

the only way you can maintain a polished rims like new appearence is to have the wheel clear coated when it is new, if not you will be forever fighting the oxidation process and it is a loosing battle. ther eis a specific type of paint that your supposed to use, it doesn't require scuffing the serface and will withstand brake dust and such, I think Eastwood company sells it.

Back