Revolver shackles??

Do revolver Shackles provide any more lift than a stock shackle? I am hoping that it won't but was told by a somewhat shaky source that it would probably raise it a quarter of an inch or so... If anyone has any info, or can lead me to some info on this subject, it would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and if they do lift any, how could I put them on my jeep and still have it sitting level since there was about a 1 inch difference in the front and rear after the 3.5 inch suspension lift was installed??

edited by: Young-n-learning, Mar 14, 2003 - 01:20 PM[addsig]

Revolver shackles should not give you any lift... if it does... it would be quite small... They ARE a great thing though. They drastically improve your offroad performance. I have a friend with a stock lifted CJ7 with a 1 inch body lift and 31" rubbers.... He outwheels most of the people I know. Allowing that one side to drop can mean the difference between going over or going home[addsig]

Thanks....Another quick question...Is there any use in installing them if I am only gonna have them put on the rear? How much would that improve performance? and would that cause any problems?[addsig]

Yes, they work very well when used at only one end. They will still drastically improve your articulation, which will in turn improve your offroad performance. I'd recommend relocating the rear shocks to handle the increased droop and installing the Z-boxes as spring hangers.[addsig]

REVOLVER SHACKLES WILL NOT ADD ANY LIFT.IF YOU HAVE AFTER MARKET SPRINGS THEY MIGHT RUBB YOUR FRAME LIKE MINE.BUT THEY ARE WORTH EVERY PENNY.... :evil: [addsig]

I have Revolver Shackles on my 93 YJ and they do add a little lift compared to the stock shackles. They add about 3/4 of an inch. We put the two shackles side by side and measured them before the install. They are worth every penny. I get about 9 more inches of wheel travel with them. I've bashed them off rocks and they're still holding up. You have to remember that if you install them there's a lot more involved than just adding them. Your brake lines will be too short. You might have to trim a little off your gas tank skid plate. You may need a slip yoke eliminator kit depending on the size of your lift. I only have a 2 1/2 inch suspension lift so I can just get away without the slip yoke eliminator. The revolvers will be usless to you if you have your stock sway bar installed without disconnects. Both your front and rear trac bars will limit your suspension travel so you might want to look into telescoping ones. Your shocks will most likely be too short. I have 4 inch lift shocks installed on the front only with my 2 1/2 inch suspension lift and don't have any problems...they don't bottom out. In the rear, I kept the 2 1/2 inch lift shocks and they're fine...4 inchers will bottom out in the rear.

edited by: Craig, Mar 14, 2003 - 07:48 PM[addsig]

Back