Recommendations for eliminating driveline vibrations.

Spatula

My '01 TJ Sport has a 4" suspension lift, which is causing driveline vibrations. I have been doing some research on possible solutions, but was looking for some information from those of you that have faced this problem, and what your solutions have been.

If you could include necessary parts, that would help alot.

Thanks

RE: Re: Are wheel caps needed?

A slip-yoke eliminator kit is the preferred method for dealing with vibration in lifted wranglers. It changes the output on the transfer case from the factory slipyoke setup to a fixed yoke. The Tcase is now shorter and you can run a longer Dshaft. Problem fixed.

However, most 4" and under vibration problems can be almost eliminated with some tweaking of the Tcase output and pinion angles. The slipyoke will still be a weak spot, but the vibes will be fixed.

I think initially I will go angling the tcase and differential to create as close to 0 degree driveshaft angle as possible. Then, depending on the reliability, trading up to a SYE and double carman (cv) drive shaft. Obvisouly this second solution will cost quite a bit more $$$. Is it worth it to go the later route, or is simply modifying the driveline angles good enough?

I personally didn't want to screw around when it comes to that vibe stuff... Go with the SYE and CV shaft. It's worth the money, and you do it once. Combo kits available at Tom Woods DS... www.4xshaft.com

In reference to the rear driveshaft, just make sure the rear pinion yoke and transfer case output are parrallel. It may take adjustible control arms or degree cams to dial this in and dial out vibes.

Back