Recalls on my 90 YJ

Just got the recalled ebrake fixed this morning. No hassles, no post-stealership problems. Tried to get them to shut my "Main't Req'd" light off but they wanted $85 to do it. Damn them. I think they bled my brakes while they were at it, my pedal feels much more firm now.

Cheers,
Geoff

Geoff: 85 bucks!!!! I'd rather let the light stay on. A buddy of mine works in a Mercedes Dealership as a Autotech. Let's just say I wouldn't trust the guy to change my oil. They hire anybody whose ever seen a car to work back there.

Caliyjgirl... Some major differences from Cal and NYC...
1) Shorts and flipflops are not suitable attire for the clubs and bars out here
2) You'll be shocked to see that not everyone drinks CoorsLight.
3) The POTHOLES out here will kill your YJ's suspension

I hate that darn light, but it's not worth $85.00 to have it turned off! I need to bleed my brakes too, well actually I need new brakes I'm getting that beloved squeeeeak...

richsia
1. Come on it's winter give me some credit! Besides when it comes to dressing for bars/clubs I do ok.
2. Coors Light is not too common around here, the darker ales are more popular, for the guys anyway. I prefer a good merlot or mixed drink, I'm sure NYC has plenty of those. Hopefully some new recipes I can take home! (used to be a bartender).
3. I'm flying, no yeep >sob<

CaliYJGirl said:
I just got the recall notice too for my 92 YJ. Actually my e-brake is toast right now, so it's kinda good timing.

Same here on my '92! Like bostonjeep, Mine holds looking downward, but parked uphill, she'll roooooolllll away.

Is there a way to check if your jeep has had all the recalls completed it was supposed to have. I bought my 90 4.2 last year and it was a state, i doubt the guy who had did anything about recalls.

have the dealer run your serial number... they keep it all logged and computerized (even if a different dealer did the repairs!)

Back