random jeep rescue

Greencuke

today was a nice day so i was just driving around enjoying the jeep when i happened by a spot i used to wheel a lot. i figured what the heck and i went to check it out. i drove around a few trails and started following a set of tracks that looked pretty fresh. they kept going farther and farther out and i came around a corner and found a guy who had his whole right side past the flares in a half frozen sink hole. he was completly stuck and was pretty glad to see me. so after i pulled him out we decided to keep going and ended up spending the whole day wheeling. pretty random but cool just the same. i love being able to lend a hand.
reggie

that's what it's all about!! maybe someday i'll be stuck somewhere and that guy will happen along and pay it forward! sounds like a great day - thanx for sharing.

This is why we shouldn't go alone ;)

Good story though, glad to hear you were a help to him and a good day of wheelin' came out of it!

yeah one time i went wheelin alone...17 hours later i was still stuck shelling out money for a tow truck driver to winch me out...

I have been stuck for several days at a time on a number of occasisons. You would think I would learn but Its too much fun. I was stuck for 3 days along with 3 other trucks, I went out to rescue them and became a victim...

one time I walked 10 miles out with 1 shoe because I lost the other in the mud!

Bob

lol I wish you would have come along my trail today. I was messing around in my stock XJ and decided to try out this huge ditch to see how high I can get my back tire off the ground. Well yea I kinda got stuck. So we shut it off to see if we could devise a way out, once we thought of a plan, I got back in and started my car to only have it chug to a stop. I guess my oil went to one side or something but I decided we would get my dads truck to pull it out instead of being dumb and risking messing up the engine. So while waiting on my friend's girlfriend to pick us up, I realize my front driveshaft it dug in the ground, so it's another good reason that I stopped trying. About 20 min later we get the F-250 out and pull it out of the ditch. Hopefully my friend can get the pics off his phone but oh well. It was a good day to wheel today though.

When I was in college, me and some friends went deep into the forrest down some old logging trails looking for fishing spots. A thunderstorm hit while we were fishing and we decided to find our way back. No luck...I was lost and I was running out of roads to find a way out (although the wheelin was fun). I saw a what looked to be a main trail about 1000 yards off in the distance, but there was no trail leading to it. I decided to blaze my own trail and made it about 80% through when I drove into a low area full of what appeared to be some sort of quicksand. My YJ sunk to the doors and we tried until dark to get her out. We made camp overnight in the rain lost and in the middle of nowhere. I walked the next morning for about 10 miles to a house that ended up being a ranger station. I had somehow drove into a wildlife refuge. The ranger pulled me out and wrote me a ticket for wheelin in a protected area. I had to pay $200 along with the rest of my misery. Now I never go whellin alone.

Well, I wasn't exactly alone. I had my Australian Shepard, Molly, with me. I drank her water and by morning she was looking pretty delicious.

I had a friend drive my Ranger up and it pulled the YJ out... I am sure it was a fluke that my Winch failed as the full lockers kept pulling the Mighty YJ down the hill... I also don't beleive all the stories about how the HiLift jack can act as a winch. It certainly didn't for me...

Aint memories grand?

It seams as though you can't just get stuck, most times something else also happens. I have been stuck and than run out of gas, battery dies, winch won't work or something like that. A simple stuck rarley happens to me.

Bob

Back