Rained on now clicking in dash?

kdh344

We had an unexpected flash flood (not top of course) yesteday and now my dash has this intermittent, fast clicking noise. Is almost sounds as if the hazard is stuck "on" but its not. It seems to be loudest right behind the steering wheel. Any ideas? Thanks.

What year/model Jeep? Does the clicking come on only when the engine is running? Feed us a little more info., and welcome to Jeepz

thanks for the welcome! 2000 wrangler sahara. only clicking when its running. i took off the steering olumn covers, unplugged the hazard connectors, the clicking stopped. with an air compressor i blew out the connectors and sockets and left them unplugged until yesterday. i plugged them back in yesterday and the clicking is still there. im wondering if this will require a trip to the shop and if it is something serious, even though it appears to be the hazards? i cant believe as rugged and off road-ish as a jeep is and a little bit of water sends this thing haywire. the jeep people should remedy this by coating all the electrical parts of something. after all- it is a jeep. thanks!

I would take it to a Chrysler shop. I have an '01 and there was a recall shortly after I bought it. The recall was for something in the column that was susceptible to water damage. Don't know if this could be causing your problem, but it's worth looking into. I'm not sure if it applied to '00's, but I wouldn't be surprised since they're pretty much identical. I also don't know if it will be covered by DC if you're not the original owner.

not sure if it's related but thought i'd through it out there i had the same problem with a 2000 Pontiac it turned out to be the signal relay box of course the difference here is mine didn't get rained on but you might want to consider it, the noise also came from the steering column and unfortunately for me also had some smoking involved. hope you figure it out.

Back