radio swap

HIX

if anyone has a wiring diagram for radio on 89 xj it would be most appreciated. i switched out my radio for cd player. it was working fine. till i bolted it in. now nothing. i checked fuses at fuse box and on back of cd player all fine. i have been up to my neck in wires all day tracking down splices and shorts. also trying to figure out which way is easier to splice into my horn wire to put in a new horn. either im just having a bad day and cant find my stock horn or i dont have one. somebody please help me. i hate begging. and now i know why i got this jeep so cheap.

darn no reponce. well i rewired most of the electronics. i thought i was gonna have to get a painless kit but i finely got it going. its hard as hell doin that stuff plus being colorblind. never found the horns so i put horns from a 89 fleetwood on it. scared the crap out my gurl with it. its the little things in life that make it worth while. now i gotta find some primal effects kit for cheap.

Sorry for the late reply. For anyone else that's looking, here is the wiring diagram for an 89 XJ:

1989 Jeep Cherokee Car Radio Stereo Audio Wiring Diagram
Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Pink
Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: Violet/Orange
Car Radio Ground Wire: Black
Car Radio Illumination Wire: Orange/Black
Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: Dark Blue/White
Car Stereo Antenna Trigger: Gray
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Green
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Black/Yellow
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): White
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Black
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Gray/White
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown/White
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): White/Black
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Brown

Personally though, I'd try not to cut the factory harness. You can usually pick up an aftermarket harness kit from somewhere like Bestbuy, Crutchfield or even ebay

that was the problem i was faceing. it was cut already, splices, and more. alot of accesories were put on this thing and taken off. being colorblind im haveing to test light it. thank you so much this is gonna help. i already kno i have a couple of wires crossed. thank you again. i owe you one. bad part is i work in auto parts. i tried every contact i had. including my friend from the dealership and came up short. of course i didnt push the situation like i could have.

Back