Questions on puttin a 2" BB lift on 96 ZJ

sure its possible. but you'll run into issues. nothing you cant fix, just stuff that will take some tinkering. like how much to drop the t-case, getting extended brake lines, and depending on how much suspension lift you add, you might need new control arms. just things to think about. i have a 2"bb in my zj, and i've considered rusty's 3" suspension lift on top of it, but consideration is as far as i've gone.

that is correct. the 3" lift kit will have coil springs that after compression are 3" taller than stock springs after compression. the 2" bb for the zj is 4 spacers (one for each spring) that sit on top of the springs. the bb can be used on top of either the stock springs or the 3" lift springs. those are the basics, you will also need longer shocks and might have to deal with a tcase drop, etc.

RE: Quick question about TJ Tire size vs. Gear Ratio.

5" is too much lift for the stock suspension design, even with longer aftermarket arms. The control arms are too near vertical and causes tire jacking onroad and off. I'd only go that high with a longarm lift.

wow. i've been considering all this stuff too for my stock xj. I'm thinking just a 3" suspen. lift, so that I can get away with not buying all the extra pieces and parts... that and 31's i believe. with 27" tires now... that would be a total of a 5" lift from ground up. anything think this is the best set-up in general with a budget?

That's a good setup for a XJ, they look good at that height with 31"s.

Back