Putting my Jeep to work!

Deerhunter30

On my way home from work today I saw what to some people is a sad sight becuase of their piety on those involved.......to some is a sight that will cause a little guilt because they could help, but will not.....to others it will be a source of humor due to their nature to find humor in other's difficulties......but to a true Jeep owner it is the privilege to PULL SOMEONE OUT OF THE MUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are three 35 to 40 year old men in the Mercury version of a mid 80s Ford Thunderbird (cannot remember the Mercury name) burried to the frame in ruts. Here south of Houston, we have been getting more than our fair share of rain lately. These guys were running parallel to the road past a dith heading to probably do a little fishing. They were about fifty yards off the road. My only decision was whether to back up the road to where the dirt road they were on intersects the paved road or to cross the ditch where I was...........LOCK THE HUBS & CROSS THE DITCH (which was the most fun part)!

I cross over and break out the strap and a short chain and ask them to hook the chain to their frame so my strap does not get chewed up. I hook up my clevis to my Jeep and attach the strap at both ends and tow them out. It was a little work getting them out of the frame deep ruts they were in, but once I did that it was smooth sailing. Once out, I began to unhook the straps and they ask "Do you want a little money".......NO WAY......get paid to have fun......what do you think I am....a baseball player!!!! LOL.

Bottom line is I got to make a fun wet ditch crossing and put my straps, chains, and 4LO to work.

Nice,got to pull some stuck people out of the mud ehh? :) Sully

It will come back to you in the end! helpen folks is always a good thing and getting to do it with you jeep is like the iceing on the cake. Tug

It is even more fun when a TJ rescuses, not one but TWO, CJs in one weekend.

;) Tug knows what I am talking about. One was a flywheel and the other sheared a valve-stem. either way it was TJ to the rescue WOOHOO!!! ;)

its always a good feeling to be a hero

Thats awsome I love going out in the snow storms, dressed up all warm, with my tow straps lookin for people who are stuck. Other than some broken fog lights, And a few bent up licence plates its alot of fun and an awsome feeling of helping people out, and yes it will come back to you when you need help. Keep up the good work, wish we had more people like you here on the cape.

Back