PSI of 44-18.5-15 TSL's?

88Wrangles

44/18.50-15 TSL Super Swampers

Okay, so they say that the maximum psi is 30, so what should i run them at on the highway? I want them to last a long time. They are on a '74 3/4 ton Chevy pickup.

It sounds like I now have the second largest set of tires on this board. That's ok. Everbody I ride with runs 42's and 44's, then here I come with my baby 39.5's.
Anyway back to the topic at hand. I think that will be up to you. They act differently on various trucks. Mine try to wander if you put more than 15 pounds in them (with full hydro steering). That would be far worse with a factory power steering setup. Mine handles great at 7-10psi.
I don't recommend that you run those low pressures, just saying you need to play with it. Despite what some people may think, tires are part of the suspension. Now that you are riding on four big balloons you will discover that. Try it at 20 psi then change it up and see how you like it.
Also, go ahead and get one of those $12 digital air gauges from Autozone. They read 0-100psi in half pound increments. They are a lot better than the classic stick style gauges.

Well, I just wish I had these tires on a Jeep...but this truck works too! Okay, so I'll try them at 20 and go from there. I know it's different for everyone, but I just had no clue at all where the "range" for these tires is on a full size truck.

Thank you very much for the help!!

Pump 'em up to 50 psi and bounce your way down the road!!!

Snitty said:
you basically want a good flat contact on the ground to keep even wear

Ya, but I'm too lazy to do the chock thing and all that other stuff :roll:

I've realized it is very difficult to determine the psi by how the vehicle handles, since it is jumping all over the road the whole time :shock:

Back