Pro Comps?

Jeepstud31b

I am in need of new rubber. Pro Comp is offereing a sale of buy three get one free and the tires originally cost 156 bucks. They are offereing them at 134 a piece. They are all terrain tires bigger and wider than the stocks. I dont want mud jumpers just a good AT tires with a little more lug on them for easy offroading and good snow traction. Pro Comp tires good or no? Any other suggestions???

Last edited:

If all you want is a AT, then you cant beat the price. Just dont expect to much from them when you hit the dirt....

Even at that price you could get BFG AT/KO's for a little over a hundred bucks more and have a LOT better tire........

I would agree as well. I've been running BFG AT's for about 2 years now, they're the best AT's I've ever owned, they're the perfect tire for an 80 road 20 off-road driver.

Plus the pro-comp AT's are kinda ugly and if you get a chance to feel them they have that kinda over stiff resiny feeling. If you're set on the Pro-comps then I would suggest the X-terrain, It's kind of inbetween an AT and an MT.

wm69 said:
Even at that price you could get BFG AT/KO's for a little over a hundred bucks more and have a LOT better tire........

BFG all terrains will probably be pretty comparably priced to the pro comps and are a better tire.

It all depends what your going to use it for. The pro comp all terrain is the best a/t choice. It has a 50k treadlife warranty and theyre cheap. Im running 33" xterrains and my brother runs 35" krawlers, hes about average with my rig. Go procomp, they make a great tire. Bfg is much more expensive. But its all a personal choice. Ive ran 31" bfg a/t/s before.

had bfg a/t 32x11.5 on my old 91 yj for over 5 yrs and still had more than 1/2 the tread left (cheesed me off cuz i wanted an excuse to move the the 33" M/t's but couldnt justify it....) couldnt wear those tires out!!! BFG is the choice in my opionion... just my $.02

Back