Popping the Cherry on my SOA'd YJ! ~pics~

Joopin

Super Moderator
I finally found a place around me to go wheelin, We went to two different places, one was all clay and one was kinda sandy. My brother, GF and my cousins BF all went. My cousins BF has a Yukon, kind of a road truck with loud pipes and balled tires... It put my jeep to the test cause I was pulling it out all day long. Anyway here are some pics... Cant wait to go again!

The equipment...
image-missing.png

An unexpected obstacle... A gutted deer hanging from a small tree right in the trail, this is my bro clearing the way for us...
image-missing.png

The Jeep, going anywhere it wants!
image-missing.png

Back on the pavement...
image-missing.png

Sweet joopin! Your YJ looks so mean on the trail! Puts that little gmc to shame.Your YJ is bigger than he is! Nice pics.

Ya sorry I got hardly any pics of the wheelin on there, the server I put the pics on is full, well my alotted space of 3megs... I gotta start another one.

looks good joop... nice to see the improvement over its condition when you got it

Tell me, why is it that everytime we go out wheeling we forget the darn camera? We also went riding today and had a hell of a time. The fun part was getting it stuck.

I need to learn how to take video with my friends Sony camera and host it for you to watch. I'd like to show you all what I have to offer....not that it is much. :wink:

Tell us about how it handles and feels on the trail and road now. I have always wanted to doa SOA but have heard pros and cons but now we need to know the rest of the story. tug

Yeah I am with TUG, might be doing an SOA in the next month or two, curious to hear what you have to say about it.

Well I did the SOA in december with an AAL, it ran stiffer than stock to start with (probably because of the AAL) but I have been noticing a big difference in the past week, it has finally broken in and is riding "smoother" now. I am soo happy with the results of the soa though. These pictures here don't do my jeep justice at all. Before any of the good stuff happend all the batteries we had went dead in the cameras. I was trailblazing for the Yukon and pulling it around like a toy. I wish I had a picture of my jeep pullin that out of a drainage ditch... it was beautiful. I think the SOA is the best thing you can do to a YJ, not to mention these bitchin tires I have! They get through anything you throw at it. I don't see any downsides to the SOA if it is done right with the correct upgrades to go with it.

HAHA!The yukon got high centered! :lol: Clearly not trying hard enough!

Great mud pics. I wish there was mud down here. :cry:

yeah currupt, I went with the full SYE from Advanced Adaptors, a CVshaft from Tom Woods, had the front shaft lengthened, rebuilt a D44 and swapped it in the rear.

The tire/gear combo I have now basically put me back to stock performance, I was going to get a lower gear but its a daily driver. I figured my jeep did fine stock, it just had some clearance issues... not no more!

great pics Joop, and thanks for the advice on the Parnelli Jones' I've been debating on what brand tire to get next.

Back