Politics, religion, and her

TwistedCU

There's a country song which sums up why these are sore subjects amongst friends.

Although I honestly believe that some had problems with the debates in the gen chat forum because of content more so than attitudes, I was recently reminded of the ramifications of discussing some of these topics by our friend and moderator, Sully.

His PM to me:
If you wish to continue the debate and I encourage you do. Please keep it on a PM basis. I will agree that I was late in locking it. Nothing got deleted because some would be mad that I censored their reply rather than his, hers, gadgets, or yours. I stayed out of that thread on purpose. I tried to let it take it's course. Politics is the best way to lose friends.

Politics is the best way to lose friends. Hmmm... that is something that I let a passion for my veiws let me forget. I have discussions with co-workers and friends about these things, and some of us disagree. When we disagree, we often quickly agree to disagree and switch our conversation. It is easy to not do this on our forum, which although it is a closely knit one, written text can be awfully impersonal when read on a monitor. I will not make this mistake again.

Although it was difficult for me to see it at the time, I thought quite a bit about the harsh words I had for Sparky Watts in the Shiavo thread. I have never been in those shoes nor would I want to and it was very unfair of me to judge him. We have exchanged PM's on the subject where I offered an apology and I believe all is well.

I am a bit saddened because there have been many threads discussing a lot of controversial subjects which have had excellent discussion and I would hate to think they would not happen anymore. I believe the Shiavo one was (with a couple exceptions) very civil and well done.

Fortunately and unfortunately I will have to think very hard about a topic that isn't related to our beloved hobby before jumping in.

Thanks for the eye opener and good judgement Sully, you are an insightful young man.

Now, who is for privatization of social security :lol: just kidding

Sully is wise beyond his years. Jeepz is the best Jeep forum on the planet.

my personal opinions,
mud

Re: Mingez...strange search results on your name...

You're a good man TC,

Good call Sully. It's okay and healthy to have these debates. Just gotta keep it civil as they usually are.

Farewell To the Pope

mud4feet said:
Jeepz is the best Jeep forum on the planet.
with all due respect, its not even close. no offense, but usually when i need help, there are a lot of other sites where i'm going to get fact, rather than everyone shooting out their personal opinion. that said, i'm not bashing jeepz, after all, i am still here. but as far as being informative for actual JEEPS, i'll take my issues to other sites.

Re: RE: Politics, religion, and her

due respect noted. Like I said, personal opinion. There are other sites to get "technical" help, tons of them. I just like the folks on here and the way things "usually" go. Been a little wierd lately, though.

Re: Time for the Tourney!

bchcky said:
with all due respect, its not even close. no offense, but usually when i need help, there are a lot of other sites where i'm going to get fact, rather than everyone shooting out their personal opinion. that said, i'm not bashing jeepz, after all, i am still here. but as far as being informative for actual JEEPS, i'll take my issues to other sites.

I'd like to see these quote unquote "Great" sites... are they GC only sites?

mud4feet said:
due respect noted. Like I said, personal opinion. There are other sites to get "technical" help, tons of them. I just like the folks on here and the way things "usually" go. Been a little wierd lately, though.

I agree with you Mud,

Why do I KNOW those other sites suck compared to Jeepz?
Because they don't have:

Bounty__Hunter
Tug-n-pull
Snitty
TwistedCopper
jps4jeep
Sully
jhiggins
far_right
Joopin
dingus
Junkpile
88Wrangles
XJNick
LadyJeepFreak
mud4feet
jeepmaster
MudderChuck
redrooster
Sparky-Watts
PASmokeater
jeepin916
Craig
graewulf
Bullet3600
judge09 l
aneiac
White
bryanjeep
south442
currupt4130
Jeepster05
LGR
Inspector-Gadget
terrymason
Saurian
LauraBoston
bigTlilODD
avyoung
west747
berettajeep
Utah_jeepster
RAVEN13xxx
_(OIIIIO)_Jeeper
jay79cj7
RayOvac
hi_c
BostonJeep
purpleyjgirl
phatyaspen
K_K_PSI_GUY
jeep90 MerkL
firemanharry
Jeepr89 90Xjay
Green97TJ
Greencuke
GreenReaper93
OutOfStep
USMPK9
88WRANGRED
Natty
BakedAlaskan
joejeepny
frankiefire702
bluebelle
Mxpx182lit
Sound_Man
Deerhunter30
wm69
prariepunk
Special_K
dick_wilderness
jeepdude832
jeeprostyle
ChuginSudz
ecor
randomjeeper
beachjeep
K-Phat
noskils32
ROGLSTUBB
Nymisus
AKASHAJEEP
raptor_pilot
LBR
geopig
jeepguy46176
IcyFridge
LVRockCrawler
Ritt
jeepfan555
red89yj
GaryMB
mujaman
whiterubicon
skyjeeper
jeepinstien
ROade
chinard
FiCJeep
jeeperjoe
harletaz
indiemo
LadyGator
TwistedTJ
eat_sleep_jeep
Sacredgroove
derff96963
johnny7point0
outerbeachyj
pushead
Glass79CJ5dude
KletusJeeps
ZBTstang
SenorCole86
monsterrd
pinaplebob
ndnatty hoobness
brian4.2
stacker46
odjeep
93bizzleYJ
ah_too_bad
X_Factor
jaketime81
JeredYJ
tarsij
nkdskls1978
LRwrnglr
jugghead23
B.Jones
jumppr
R3con99TJ
pezzo33
DerekC
toyman
jackal
yjdave
dropseys
JeepGirl9248
antsinmypants
kcash
2jeep2think
stinkycheeseman
blazntn
PhattyX
4x4Fish
jasonvess
Ragtopman
YJnamedTJ
YJTino
1981CJ5
Robert_Strausberg
76cj7nola
warrior
siminsez01
Benskate1
J:UN
Roundeye
olyeller
beantown
jules
95yj
NiteDog Jeeper84
n2jeeps
sicnik
gunner
Nooch13
y2kxj
numbrsevn
Jeeppicus
TJ-7
Jeeper89
erhild
jeepco88
83mudjeep
mysharona
Cherokee_MZ
jeepguy_902003
exjay33 montana_jeepn
Greywolf
xxjas12xx
jeepofino
fourtrail
mandarrin
cewtwo 84_CJ7
95Jeeper
WranglrWhat94
bksmith

Also known as... My Family!

RE: Farewell To the Pope

quote unquote is interesting since i didnt say "great" in my reply in the first place. and yes, they are GC sites, and to name a few. it all depends what you want out of it. if i want legit help, i go to one of those sites, cause the help is specialized. and it all depends what you want out of the site too. personally, though i'm sure i'd like a lot of you, i dont consider online people my family. which i guess would be why i got excluded from your list. i dont wear my heart on my sleeve online or spout out my problems, cause i have real life friends for that.

RE: Farewell To the Pope

But you do play/love hockey, so you're alright in my book!

RE: Re: Time for the Tourney!

bchcky said:
quote unquote is interesting since i didnt say "great" in my reply in the first place. and yes, they are GC sites.
I wasn't quoting you. But rather, I was adding a sarcastic element to the word "great."

bchcky said:
it all depends what you want out of it. if i want legit help, i go to one of those sites, cause the help is specialized. and it all depends what you want out of the site too. personally, though i'm sure i'd like a lot of you, i dont consider online people my family. which i guess would be why i got excluded from your list. i dont wear my heart on my sleeve online or spout out my problems, cause i have real life friends for that.
I left you off that list, not as a slight to you, but because my statement was saying that: Jeepz is better than those other forums because.... they don't have the folks I listed.
You ARE a member of those other sites. Therefore, if I put you on the list, the statement wouldn't make any sense. Right?

Please don't infer anything else from that post. I like you bchcky, and I just wanted to express the fact that, like Mud, I love this site too. And maybe it's strange to you, but I DO have REAL friends on this website. And I make no apologies for that.

And for the record, I have plenty of non-cyber friends and family.
:lol: :wink:

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Politics, religion, and her

ha thanks, listen, its not a knock at anyone, nor the site, i mean i enjoy this site, i'm still around for a reason, and you sir are entitled to your opinion, mine is simply that there are better sites about jeeps there. specialized sites are the best place for help. thats all i'm trying to say. like www.nagca.com and www.naxja.com

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Politics, religion, and her

bchcky said:
ha thanks, listen, its not a knock at anyone, nor the site, i mean i enjoy this site, i'm still around for a reason, and you sir are entitled to your opinion, mine is simply that there are better sites about jeeps there. specialized sites are the best place for help. thats all i'm trying to say. like www.nagca.com and www.naxja.com

And I don't care WHAT you say: You're still part of my family! :wink:

Now, back to San Andreas...

RE: Re: Time for the Tourney!

well thanks

now, back to splinter cell: pandora tomorrow

SICK game, anyone that has xbox, the three splinter cell games are amazing. i gotta beat this, and then chaos theory is next.

4 barrel manifold and 4 barrel carb

mingez said:

"Where were you for my birthday!!??!! Huh???? Christmas ???? Boxing Day ?!??!! Kwanzaa ??!!!?? :cry: :cry: Liar!!!??! :cry: "

------Runs to room and slams door------

=Tee Hee= :lol:

Re: RE: Farewell To the Pope

berettajeep said:
mingez said:

"Where were you for my birthday!!??!! Huh???? Christmas ???? Boxing Day ?!??!! Kwanzaa ??!!!?? :cry: :cry: Liar!!!??! :cry: "

:lol:

Now, back to San Andreas...

I just started playing that again. I'm going back through it again, trying to get 100%. I wasn't going to, but it's addictive. I spent waaaay too much time on the past versions. I think I beat Vice City like 4 times before I put it down.....the first time.

The GTA games rule.

I figure if I can save the money going into it, and invest the money elsewhere and make 10% I'm golden :twisted:

RE: Name Your Dream Car (or Rig)...Money

berettajeep said:

:lol: :lol: ROFL!!

Special_K said:
berettajeep said:

:lol: :lol: ROFL!!

Actually, it's a lot like my real family. Lot's of door slamming...fighting...etc. :lol: :lol: :wink:

Back