pcm swapable.

simple2029

I been told that the pcm can not be swaped from another jeep. Is this true ? i have a 98 GC 6CYL. 4.0LITER. i got a pcm from antozone on the way and i just wanted to post and ask.. thanks for any info.

You need to have the stealership program the VIN onto the PCM after a certain year, not sure which year this started, maybe '96 with the introduction of OBDII.

I know mine needs the vin programed into it. but it still made me think has anyone tried to swap one.... just incase it will work..

Tomorrow my new referb pcm is getting programed from the dealer and hope it fixes my stalling problem. Its the last thing i can change out.
I did the spark plugs. Wires. Cap . Rotor. Cam sensor. Crankcase sensor. Ignis coil. Mas air flow sensor. Both CCV breathers. And did many test on gas rail psi. @ just a idle and driving.
The timing is at idle 10-19.50'
Its set by the computer so i cant change itt.
Hope the new pcm fixs the random stalling.

New pcm in and praying the random stall went with the old pcm.

Im thinking I have the same problem in my 95 wrangler. The PCM is really slow to set when vehicle is cold but I can start it over time. Now after I get it running I have a stalling / backfire issue. I know the PCM is shot but is it also the cause of the stalls or do I have another problem.

The stalls and back fires was just what i had.. got the pcm from parts store and dealer flashed it..

All fixed now.
I put new plugs wires cap rotor ig coil crank case and cam sensor and no fix so i broke down and did the pcm.

Back