PB blaster and paint.

mingez

RE: 2 Nice XJs.......IMO.

I've never had to put it on an area where potentially it could come into contact with paint. But does PB blaster damage body paint at all?

I have to use it on my door hinges because they are stuck pretty bad.

Vegetable oil? Really. I think they are a bit rusted though.

LOL Okay maybe something more than that. Sorry, it was a female's point of advice from a lack of knowlege! I was thinking time had stuck them, not rust. LOL

Lady

This is one instance where I'd prefer WD40 over PB Blaster. Blaster is a solvent while WD is a lubricant and it displaces water (WD=water displacement). WD40 never hurt my paint ;)

RE: NOPE

Mingez I tryed it out for you. I sprayed a bunch on a tj the same color as yours and let it sit over night. The paint was just the same today. So spray away.

mingez said:
I've never had to put it on an area where potentially it could come into contact with paint. But does PB blaster damage body paint at all?

How 'bout a little elbow grease, you wimp!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JK, of course! I wouldn't think PB Blaster would hurt the paint, but if it does, then you could repaint it PINK!!!!.......match the surrey!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mud4feet said:
mingez said:

How 'bout a little elbow grease, you wimp!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JK, of course! I wouldn't think PB Blaster would hurt the paint, but if it does, then you could repaint it PINK!!!!.......match the surrey!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

jeepguy46176 said:
Mingez I tryed it out for you. I sprayed a bunch on a tj the same color as yours and let it sit over night. The paint was just the same today. So spray away.

Today, maybe. Have either of you tried WD40?

RE: Re: Extra Wide Tires

The worst PB will do to your finish is cut the wax off of it.
It uses a petroleum product close to diesel.

Git after it ..son. :wink: :wink:

RE: How Many Here Have One Of These...........

Nah, it won't hurt a bit. I have covered my jeep with it before (the door hinges anyway) and never had any problems. When it gets wet you get that weird oily look thats kinda hard to get rid of though

RE: 4 High no workie :(

Just to add this... maybe you're looking at your problem incorrectly. If the doors open, then the pin is moving withing the cylinder, so rust is probably not your problem. Didn't you buy that TJ with a white hood and fender? It's possible that your hinges are bent / unalligned.

I took a hammer to my CJ's pass door pin (hammer up from the bottom on the top pin) before I realized that I could have just loosened the adjustment screws on the door plate. My advice: Gym membership + hammer. Someone more civilized might suggest loosening the bolts on the door side hinge plate (plan on replacing them, then too... I guarantee one gets stripped).

-X

Awww, y'all wanna go there huh? You have no idea how BUFF I am!:lol:

[flex arm]

Hey guys, I have two tickets ...two tickets to the GUN SHOW!

[/flex arm]

I lifted the stinking TJ off the ground trying to take that damn door off. You've seen my hulk hands haven't you?!

Anyway, my GYM membership has been active since I moved here, and I tried the WD40, and it didn't do the trick. My next step is PB. I'll let you all know how that goes.

jeepguy46176 said:

Thanks BTW! I'll be doing just that.

WTB spare 15x12" wheel

Yeah....that PB is good alright.

It is about as versitile as Yuban Coffee.
IT's good on hinges, on hamburgers, or drink it right out of the can for a quick pick me up! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RE: Air Intake

Take the nut off the stinkin' door hinges for Pete's sake! GEEZ :roll:

:lol:

WD40 worked on my old '92 like a champ, and I am sure they had never been off before. You tried the WD40 and working the door back and forth a whole lot then using some sheer brute strength to lift them off? If you can;t quite get it done yourself, maybe your girlfriend could do it for you?

:lol:

Back