Paragon verdict is in, and it's not good...

TwistedCU

A message from Kyle and Steph copied from the Paragon Forum. It looks like PAP's days are numbered :evil:

Sorry we didn't get to you sooner. It's been a long day and we just got home (and off the phone) from doing many interviews with the news media. This is a very emotional time and we have a lot of personal feelings that we would love to express, but at this point, we choose to take the high road and maintain professionalism. As some of you may have already heard, the verdict was issued today in favor of Gladstone Associates. We apologize, but at this time, we are very limited in what we can say. But at this point, we fully anticipate fighting this vigorously and through all avenues possible. We appreciate the support of our off-road community and again, please keep contacting editors and people from news stations, not only local level, but state and national level. Please remember that it is important for us to remain professional, well spoken and portray the most positive image that we can for our sport and industry and the events that are happening presently. As more details arise and as we are permitted to divulge more information on the situation and personal commentary, we will do so.

Thanks again for your support and we'll see you all on Saturday.

The Knosp Family

There's no "That sucks." This isn't over till Kyle and Steph say so. I'm still behind them and support their every effort. When they say it's over, then it's "That sucks." For now "It's on."

Last edited:

Sadly nothing lasts forever and it's pretty painful when the really meaningful stuff goes away

Alas, like many things, it comes down to a factor of both what MORE people want, and what will make MORE money... And I'm sure the majority of persons in the county/state/country would be just delighted with yet another stupid strip mall or another bloody high-priced subdivision, just as I'm sure that these things will pull in a considerable amount more in tax money. That sickens me... Besides the simple fact of the individual Jeeper wheeling, and I've not even been out that way, but besides that, it's a great family activity, and there are less and less of those to do... Suppose you can sit at home and watch the monster trucks on TV, yeah, that's almost the same... NOT!

Linked further in that thread, the news story says that Paragon has been ordered off the land by Monday, and while they're still appealing the ruling they have apparently agreed to vacate the land in the meantime. In other words, this weekend's Monthly Ride may be the last ever ride at Paragon. I'm glad I got registered in time.

Man I wish I could make it...

Currupt - not to bring you down but the landowners most likely have a very solid legal team provided through the investors/developers that want to buy the land.

Sure there are still avenues to persue, but the bottom line is they are slim chances at best and PAP will be a memory after this weekend.

Hopefully the Knosps can find another piece of property to lease, that would be fun getting involved with cutting the new trails. IF they do they'd better be sure the lease is a little better than the last one.

Back