Painting the inside of my Jeep hardtop?

Charlesph55

I'm in the market for a new Jeep Wrangler. I noticed that the inside of all the Jeep hardtops are white. When I get my Jeep I would really like to paint the inside of the hardtop flat black. I wondered if anyone has had any success painting the inside of there hardtop?

Thanks

Yes, I have painted the inside of a hardtop other than white. Look for a vinyl or plastic paint like Krylon (rattle can). If you have access to a spray gun, Rustoleum makes a paint for plastics (Ultra Coverage X2), but it’s getting harder to find.
If you really want a long lasting finish, try one the Durabak finishes (DurabakCompany.com). This is similar to a bed liner finish and will add some noise insulation, but it is costly.

I used Rustoleum enamel primer and paint on mine ( on the outside ). It's held up well, I rolled it it on with a small foam roller. I'm going to do the inside in a week or two. The primer is a very light grey, almost white. I may just prime the inside and leave it that way.

WOW, that really came out good. What an improvement over the white. It really gives the interior a finished look. This is definitely something that I will have to do.

Back