paint ?

berettajeep

hey humans and fellow aliens, I am getting ready to paint the CJ and I am wondering is there a website that shows different colors that I can choose from?
I have done a search and found nothing that is helpful so any input will be super :wink:

I had the same dillema. I just narrowed it down to a few colors and posted a poll. The Jeepz peepz made the right choice for me.

But the problem with searching for a color online is that everybody's colors are calibrated a little differently. The site itself is calibrated to a certain color but then your monitor might not be right. Hue and Saturation, while attempting to be as consistent as possible, is simply not reliable. If color accuracy is important, I'd visit your local Maaco just to be able to check out the color swatches, and codes. They are more than happy to let you peruse. Make sure to right down the code!!!!

But if you simply MUST see the colors on a auto, go to cardomain, or any one of the many car classified sites and just browse.
I ended up going to a Chevy dealership to see the orange I choose in person.

I ended up going to a Chevy dealership to see the orange I choose in person
That's the same thing I did. I found the color I wanted, "test drove" a car with it and grabed the paint code from the door while I was at it. The local paint shop was more than helpful in finding the right mix and clear for it. Some day it'll actually get painted and I'll post pics :|

If you're looking for color opinions, OD is always sweet. I've always thought the burnt orange (Like Mingez's) would look good on a CJ... pale yellow or flat black would be good choices. Do a poll and choose the color that the least people pick... stand apart. :lol:

mingez said:
..........I ended up going to a Chevy dealership to see the orange I choose in person.

So........where'd you find the pink for the Surrey?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

(had to know that was comin'?)

http://www.aervoe.com/aervoe/shopping/aervoe_PaintsCoatings_detail.asp?ID=6

If you're into that sort of thing... ;)

If you call the 800# they'll send you paint chips that are the actual colors - the ones online are a bit off.

I'm going with the gallons and rolling it on my YJ. I knew a guy that did it that way. The paint is like an epoxy - it is bulletproof! The aerosol would be good too, but I suck at painting and the little bit of a rough texture with a real thin-napped roller looks kinda tough.

RE: Re: RE: paint ?

Why dont you just call into one of those "pimp my ride" shows. You can get a sweet new paint job, 4 LCD tvs, and a smoothie maker installed for free.

What I do is a little more simple of a method, before I shake the rattle can, I look at the color on the cap on the top of the can, this is generally the color I expect!

Since we're talking paint, I was thinking of the paint scheme for the project YJ, how about OD camo with bright red and yellow and orange flames!

you kno ive totally thot about trashing my jeep and calling MTV up and sayin hey pimp my ride, id take my 35;s off first and put on some doughnuts and totally thrash the transmission which is my main problem anyway, but theyd try and put a wing on the soft top or something, maybe streamers..... hehe then id take all the chrome parts and sell them on ebay and remove all the electronics and sell that on ebay and have enough money left over to do a v8 conversion and a nv4500 with an atlas! if they didnt do that to start with... sorry about that.

i love my blue on my yj, i get compliments on it all the time even though its totally beat up. im gonna get it repainted and have a pearl coat put on underneath it.

or you could go find a bass boat you like and get it painted like that, all sparkly and stuff

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Jeep Gladiator Concept Truck

Orange is the only way to go. Red is classic on CJ's though so that's not a bad idea.

jps4jeep said:
What I do is a little more simple of a method, before I shake the rattle can, I look at the color on the cap on the top of the can, this is generally the color I expect!

:roll: :lol:

judge09 said:
Why dont you just call into one of those "pimp my ride" shows. You can get a sweet new paint job, 4 LCD tvs, and a smoothie maker installed for free.

currupt4130 said:
you kno ive totally thot about trashing my jeep and calling MTV up and sayin hey pimp my ride, id take my 35;s off first and put on some doughnuts and totally thrash the transmission which is my main problem anyway, but theyd try and put a wing on the soft top or something, maybe streamers..... hehe then id take all the chrome parts and sell them on ebay and remove all the electronics and sell that on ebay and have enough money left over to do a v8 conversion and a nv4500 with an atlas! if they didnt do that to start with... sorry about that.

They would also lower it and put on 13 inch rims that go "bling bling" :lol:

berettajeep said:
judge09 said:

currupt4130 said:

They would also lower it and put on 13 inch rims that go "bling bling" :lol:

Do the rims really go "bling bling" I think your on to the next big idea in pimping your ride....talking rims! :lol:

Back