Paint Poll

Wow! thanks for the response guys. I have to say I AM leaning toward orange. It's a sweet color. 8)

I even modified the red XJ pic from the first post to orange. Doesn't look exactly like the color but it gives you an idea... I suppose.

image-missing.png

I think it'll look way cooler than that though. Of course, it'll be metallic, with me in it, and the logo will say "JEEPZ" not "Jeepin".

Nice photoslopping Mingez! I got to your poll a little late but when I saw the original pics I would go with the orange as well... good choice, very original!

Jeeps are supposed to be happy, bright, and a little bit different. IMO most white SUVs look like chest freezers and need alot of contrast to make them look really good. Colors, like any other mod, reflect the personality of the owner and need to be chosen as such. The orange personally appeals to me over the othe colors chosen.

8)

Since one of your colors wasnt purple :cry: I really like the orange it was also a color choice of mine for stevens bike. I call it burnt tangarine........

I'm a little partial to the Khaki but I'm also a University of Tennessee fan, so I like the Orange too.

Keep us posted on what you decide.

OT: at the parts store i work at, we are dropping Sherwin-Williams paint so today i got 1.5 gallons of mist silver metallic paint for FREE!!!
I think silver and black looks very good together. I say that or the white and black.
With that 1.5 gallons you can paint a Jeep about 8 times. I painted mine with less than a sprayer cup full.

it's gotta be Orange!!! that looks bad a$$, and it will definitely be different than what everyone else drives. I see too many red jeepz out there, (i own one) so i think the orange will give a nice look, especially with the black trim. i want to paint my jeep orange now!!!!

if you really wheel it, paint it witha single stage paint so when it scratches you can touch it up adn not have to mess with a clear coat, there are some quality single stage paints put on the market now

I agree with tug. But I think the camo should consist of all of your choices. Now that would be unique.

Yeah, it's funny on the Photoshopping, it started out as quick color change just so I could see it on an XJ, but then it became an art project. Hours later, I'm changing the jeepin logo to Jeepz, and layering the decal over the Mingez face, shadowing, color gradients and "voila"! 2 hours of my life I'll never get back. :lol:

Has anyone hooked up Rancho RS9000 adjustable shocks to air?

if you're trying to avoid the cops stay away from the red. i'd say that's more eye catching than your current color.
that orange is pretty sweet. definately diffrent.

far_right said:
if you really wheel it, paint it witha single stage paint so when it scratches you can touch it up adn not have to mess with a clear coat, there are some quality single stage paints put on the market now

Paint is something I have very limited experience with. What are the pros and cons of the single stage paint? Is it as nice looking. How will it do in the El Paso sun? More expensive? I get the convenience of touchup with no clear coat.

i like the orange, just kuz its different too...

just kuz its annoying to flip thru his links of pics:

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

Paint is something I have very limited experience with. What are the pros and cons of the single stage paint? Is it as nice looking. How will it do in the El Paso sun? More expensive? I get the convenience of touchup with no clear coat.
The pros of a single stage, is its alot cheaper, easier to spray, and can look really good with proper prep (but a base/clear need good prep to look good also, PREPERATION IS THE KEY FOR PAINTING). and much simplier to touch up
the Con is it isnt as glossy, be jeeps arent show cars either :mrgreen:

I have to dissagree with the single stage idea. It is not easier 2 paint and it is very hard to touch up single stage paint unless you want it to look like it has been touched up. Painting single stage solid colors might not be as difficult but anything with metalics, micas, or pearls is best left up to someone who knows what they are doing in order to keep the color uniform. If price is all you are looking for then go with single stage. If you want a nice paint job then go base clear. Besides the clear is a clear protectant for the color. single stage is just single stage. Unless you clear it. But if you do that then what have you saved?

Back