Paint Poll

mingez

Okay, it's time to paint my XJ, "6 Pack". It's currently the old metallic early 90's purple. I am not a fan, it's attracts too much heat (in El Paso, that's very bad) and every blemish shows too easily. I have since narrowed my choices to 4 colors. Give me your opinion.

Jeep Red, Chevy sunburst orange (the new color), white, and the Metallic Khaki (same as L33TJ33P's color).

Keep in mind all of the trim will be black, along with rack and bumpers.

Post a reason for your choice, and thanks for your opinions!

--Mingez

(below are links to examples of colors)
http://www.jeepin.com/projects/prerunner2.jpg
http://www.truckfarm.com/images/cherokee_project/WtXJwTJ2.jpg
http://www.caranddriver.com/assets/image/8272003111640.jpg
http://www.jeepz.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/12541/normal_passflx.jpg

i say white...looks good on cherokees.

White! The cleanest looking color. Dents dings and scratches arn't as visable. Less $ than outher paints. Looks great with black trim. Contrasts even better when covered in mudd.

Hey Mingez go for originality my man! I say go Orange. That is one sharp color, almost copper you might say :wink: . There are hundreds of white ones out there, red is cliche and well I would vote the metallic Khaki 2nd, it is pretty nice.

TwistedCopper said:
Hey Mingez go for originality my man! I say go Orange. That is one sharp color, almost copper you might say :wink: . There are hundreds of white ones out there, red is cliche and well I would vote the metallic Khaki 2nd, it is pretty nice.

Thanks Copper!! You had some strong arguements there. Red being cliche and all. I wouldn't want to be normal, but damn that red XJ looks sharp!!

:x How does a color become cliche?

Lady

PS. I'm partial to red but the orange is cool too. lol Your the one that has to live with it though dude.
:?

i voted red but like the orage better after lookin at the pics

OT: at the parts store i work at, we are dropping Sherwin-Williams paint so today i got 1.5 gallons of mist silver metallic paint for FREE!!! :mrgreen:

LadyJeepFreak said:

Lady

PS. I'm partial to red but the orange is cool too. lol Your the one that has to live with it though dude.
:?

Sorry Lady, I guess cliche is an unfriendly word. Trust me when I say I LOVE red!!! I think what we mean is that a lot of jeepers have it. That's all. It's still one of the coolest/toughest colors out there. :wink:

i say the orange because that color is my absolute favorite color on any vehicle, even more so on a jeep

TARSI

i like orange

it's the closest color to beer of all the choices...
image-missing.png

Re: 87 Wrangler

LadyJeepFreak said:

Lady

Maybe that was a poor choice of words. It's just that there are soooo many red Jeeps. Red was an option every year the Wrangler was made.

BostonJeep said:
its all gonna be the same color after your first offroading trip
haha, good call dave, but when you wash it all off, seeing that orange would be very sweet. i think thats an awesome color. but not sure how it would look on an xj? it would look hot on any wrangler, but my zj or your xj, i'd have to see it to be sure.

:roll: Lol thanks for explaining guys. I just wondered what your defs would be for that world. Hey, we all have our favs.

What are you leaning towards Mingez?

Let us know what you decide!

Lady

I guess I am in the minority on this one, but I just don't like that orange in general, and I don't think it would look as good on an XJ as other colors. I like white the best of your choices, but my favorite 3 colors on an XJ are probably black, blue and silver. XJs look pretty cool no matter what though...

dude... do what everyone wants...... rhino line it in red and balck, that wouls be the shit , and thanks for the reply on my thing many

I'd say go with the Orange. It will stand out and look very sharp. I've actually seen a Dodge Ram totally "painted" with the rhino liner struff. It looks, umm, "different". -al

Back