Owiiieeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hoo, boy. Here we go again.....I was digging down to a 6" water main this morning in a big cemetary on the west side of Wichita, and had gotten down to about 4 feet deep when I finally found it. It had been leaking for quite some time, so the gumbo clay was really sticky and slimy. My foot slipped off the shovel, and all my body weight fell against the handle of the shovel on my ribs. I heard and felt a definite "snap" when it hit. Knocked the wind outta me for a while, too. So, I kept digging for another two hours until the pain became unbearable. Went to the work comp doc and found out I broke a rib in two places. No surprise there, I've broken ribs before and know what they feel like, plus the "snap" I felt and heard was pretty much a dead giveaway. So, rather than taking the week off that the doc originally suggested, I'm going back tomorrow on light duty. About all that I can do after the list of restrictions he put me on is walk, stand, and sit. No bending, squatting, crawling (?), pushing, pulling, jumping, climbing, or using power tools of any kind, including any vibrating tools (no comment here that can be posted on a family friendly board). This really sucks....and will for the next several months until they heal.

However, it made my day when I came out of the office at work to the parking lot and found this:
3Jeeps-4.jpg

A CJ, and two YJ's all lined up. 8) The guy in the blue YJ rarely ever gets his dirty, but the guy in the CJ usually has mud caked all over the outside and inside (he likes to wheel without the doors on).

1976 project jeep cj7 for sale cheap!!! michigan

Sorry to hear about your rib, Sparky - that's gotta suck! Never broke one myself ('tho the Lord knows I've had plenty of opportunities). And what's with the "power too" restriction - aren't those motors supposed to make it easier for us?!?! If you woulda had a backhoe, you probably wouldn't have broken a rib!!

Anyway, nice array of Jeeps there! That blue one got street tires??.......He needs to get a Liberty.

RE: Bad Vibration

mud4feet said:
Sorry to hear about your rib, Sparky - that's gotta suck! Never broke one myself ('tho the Lord knows I've had plenty of opportunities). And what's with the "power too" restriction - aren't those motors supposed to make it easier for us?!?! If you woulda had a backhoe, you probably wouldn't have broken a rib!!

Anyway, nice array of Jeeps there! That blue one got street tires??.......He needs to get a Liberty.

Man I wish my parking lot looked that good!

Sorry to hear about the gut cage there sparky. I did not see anything about "slamming" up and down on a YJ seat in the Doc's notes though :lol:

And Mud..... its not the ribs you need to concern yer'self with now my friend, its all in the hips! :lol:

(go ahead, thank mingez again!)

And Mud..... its not the ribs you need to concern yer'self with now my friend, its all in the hips!

THANKS ALOT, MINGEZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Too funny, Roundlights! ROFL!!!!)

mud4feet said:
And Mud..... its not the ribs you need to concern yer'self with now my friend, its all in the hips!

THANKS ALOT, MINGEZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Too funny, Roundlights! ROFL!!!!)

Anytime!!! :D

Eeeeewwww... I can imagine the crack :shock:...

Best wishes for a fast recovery, and definately a pleasant find in the lot :)

Roundlights said:
I did not see anything about "slamming" up and down on a YJ seat in the Doc's notes though :lol:

Dang, ain't that the truth!!! The ride home was miserable! I told Sunshine I was going to take her Camry today and she'd have to drive the Jeep. She didn't like that idea....she doesn't like to drive a stick in traffic. But, I get up about 2 hours before she does, and usually leave for work at least a half hour before her.....heheheheheheheheh! :twisted:

Sparky-Watts said:
Roundlights said:
I did not see anything about "slamming" up and down on a YJ seat in the Doc's notes though :lol:

Dang, ain't that the truth!!! The ride home was miserable! I told Sunshine I was going to take her Camry today and she'd have to drive the Jeep. She didn't like that idea....she doesn't like to drive a stick in traffic. But, I get up about 2 hours before she does, and usually leave for work at least a half hour before her.....heheheheheheheheh! :twisted:

Has she no compasion for a dinged up Watts or what?? :lol: Wait, does a dinged up Watts have no pride....... a camry? Can't you work through the pain! :lol: (just kidding)

Back