OT: PS2

Sell it and get and Xbox!

Vice City, any Tom Clancy game.

I bought mine about 2 years ago mainly because it was almost the same price as the dvd player I wanted. I figured, why not buy the ps2 and have both a game consol and a dvd player. You can buy a remote and inferred unit that plugs into one of the controler slots so you can have a wireless remote when watching dvd's.
As for games, it all depends on what type of games you're into. I don't really play a lot of games but when I do I really like the shooting games. I picked up a used version of Socom Navy Seals for cheap and it's pretty good. My girlfriend is getting me Socom II for Christmas. You can get a headset for the game and plug it into your computer and play other people online. If you're into driving games, Gran Turismo 3 is pretty good. There might be a newer version out but I don't know because I hardly ever use it. If you do buy any games, find a place that trades old games for new ones. You can pick up a game for usually 1/2 the price.

yeah not sure what games yer into but the new castlevania game is damn good. Metal Gear Solid is GOOD. Also you're going to need a player vs. player game and that would be marvel vs. capcom..hands down best pvp game out there.

I like the ps2 because you can play all the old playstation games on the new ps2. great idea, other companys would not of done that. I would stick with sony they havent let me down in the past and shouldnt let us down in the future.

Get an X-box then get xbox live(midtown madness 3).I will play you online! :twisted: Cool man.PS2's are nice.But for games like Grand theft Auto,they take forever to load.My xbox takes 10 seconds.

Like everyone has already said, it all depends on what type of games you like to play. I have both, and the gamecube, and I play them both pretty regularly. If you are into race type games, Gran Turismo 3 is the best thing on the market, and a new version is coming out soon that is supposed to be so good that its hard to tell what is CG and what is actual film, plus you can play it online. But if you are into Spec Ops type games I would go with the X-box. All that aside I agree with you if you are going to sell it get more stuff for the jeep. Just y .02- Chris

best H2 site there is........hehe

The X-Box is the hummer of video consoles.
Big and Useless! :roll:

The ps2 has definitley got the most stuff for it, and seems to cover all genres of games, unlike the xbox which seems to cater only to shooters and sports games.

As far as title suggestions, i guess that depends on what kinda game you like!

"Jak and Daxter" and "Ratchet and Clank" are great platform games.

"Onimusha 2" and "Devil may Cry" are great action/adventure/cut-em-up-with-big-sword type games.

If your into RPG's, you cant really go wrong with any of the Final Fantasy titles. Actually, playstaiton has always had the best rpg's out for it.

If you like violence, then Grand Theft Auto is the way to go. (they always come out on ps2 first anyways)

If you like creepy stuff, then "silent hill" 2 or 3 is on the shoping list.

If insane winter sports is your thing, then the SSX series is a must (especially SSX tricky)

And of course it still plays all the classic Playstaiton One games perfectly. You just got to get ps1 memory cards to use with em (they are usually less than five bucks)

The hummer of consoles? Give me a break. PS2 has more titles yes, but most of them are garbage games that nobody plays. Does the PS2 have a Hard drive built right into the console with 50,000 storage blocks available? NOPE. I have played both and I bought the Xbox, its faster and the games are just as good if not better looking than the PS2. The PS2 does have the advantage of having access to titles like Final Fantasy.

To answer the question at hand, Midnight Club 2 and Soul Calibur 2. Both great games.

Why are we even talking about the X-box :-D I hate Microsoft and their Empire. I refuse to support Bill Gates' attempt at buying a Retired Battleship, other than a PC OS

Joopin\' said:
The hummer of consoles? Give me a break. PS2 has more titles yes, but most of them are garbage games that nobody plays. Does the PS2 have a Hard drive built right into the console with 50,000 storage blocks available? NOPE. I have played both and I bought the Xbox, its faster and the games are just as good if not better looking than the PS2.

Actually, i'd say that xbox is the one that has the titles nobody plays. The only one you ever even hear about is halo, which is an old and tired genre of FPS combat games that were boring in the mid 90s and are still boring today.
Everything else is either a port from another platform with a couple of extra levels thrown in, or an OBVIOUS ripoff from another platform like "Amped"

Besides, so far the ps2 and the game cube have been doing fine without the hard drive. I mean what do you really need a hard drive for anyways? Its just another moving part thats going to break down and fail.
Xbox cannot function if the hard drive is dead... Ps2 and GC doesnt care
Consoles are not pc's. They are supposed to be simple solid state devices where possible so that they last.
(thats why i actually prefer the gamecube... its damn near indestructable)

And grafix? So what the grafix might be a bit better, the games are still horrible. Its like lipstick on a donkey.

Besides. I refuse to give any money to micro$oft if i can avoid it. :D

I think you could argue this one forever. I have friends who own the X-Box and others who own PS2. Out of everyone I know who has either of these, I see more people who own X-Box that wish they'd bought the PS2 instead mainly because of choice of games.

Well, with me it is PS2 or Jeep parts :-D I will prolly sell it in a couple months and get some new Mod.

chinard said:
Actually, i'd say that xbox is the one that has the titles nobody plays. The only one you ever even hear about is halo, which is an old and tired genre of FPS combat games that were boring in the mid 90s and are still boring today.
Everything else is either a port from another platform with a couple of extra levels thrown in, or an OBVIOUS ripoff from another platform like "Amped"

Besides, so far the ps2 and the game cube have been doing fine without the hard drive. I mean what do you really need a hard drive for anyways? Its just another moving part thats going to break down and fail.
Xbox cannot function if the hard drive is dead... Ps2 and GC doesnt care
Consoles are not pc's. They are supposed to be simple solid state devices where possible so that they last.
(thats why i actually prefer the gamecube... its damn near indestructable)

And grafix? So what the grafix might be a bit better, the games are still horrible. Its like lipstick on a donkey.

Besides. I refuse to give any money to micro$oft if i can avoid it. :D

The hard drive is best thing that ever happened to a game console.Back in the day when I had a ps1,I hated having to go and hunt down the memory card.If you say that xbox is the only consol with lame games,you are wrong my friend.BECAUSE THEY BOTH HAVE STUPID GAMESI think that whatever console you have got is the best.Wheather it be ps2,ps1,xbox,super nintendo,nintendo, or even atari.Think of it this way,what ever you own and is your,it is the best.

screw this debate, I got both and love both equally. I play them about the same, but less than my original nintendo! I love the original zelda!

I just got a hunting game yesturday, "hunting season 2004" Kicks ass!

Vice City
evo 4x4 2
atv off road 1&2
operation desert storm
Gran Turismo 3 (4 is on the way)
Madden 2004
NHL 2004
Dead to rights
so many more, rent a couple see if they spark your interest, then buy them pre-owned, cheaper!

Considering the guy has a PS2 already I dont think the debate on which system to buy is relevant. I like PS2...I cant believe how far all of this has come since Atari......I am still rocking Pitfall (in full color).

You might want to check out SOCOMM II. Pretty cool. BTW, if you want to sell it, I'll be happy to take it off your hands. -al

XJ overdrive trans in a TJ?

I must say there are good and bad about PS2. First off, a memory card is a wonderful thing. You can take it out, take it to a buddy's house and jam it in his/her PS2 and share one's progress. You also have a backup of your own progress in case your machine fails (like mine!). A friend of mine's XBox went to s#!t and he lost all saved gameplay....MONTHS WORTH...GONE. He got another XBox and had to start all over.

The bad part is, the earlier PS2s have s#!tty lasers! Mine is just over a year old and started having "disc read error" problems. After searching online about it, I found numerous sites devoted to this problem. The first run of PS2s up to a certain serial number have POS lasers that die out quickly. Sony will be glad to fix them for around $130. Why bother? Not much more for a new one. My PS2 is now dead. It won't even read an audio CD. I've tried cleaning the lens, adjusting the laser voltage...to no avail. I will buy another one soon as they worked that problem out.

My old one has been sentenced to death by firing squad. It shall suffer the effects of some Federal Premium Vital-Shock 12 GA Buckshot. 3 Inch Magnum Copper Plated OO Buck. 15 pellets measuring 8.38mm in diameter traveling at 1210 fps should do the trick.

I'm just glad that I can keep my memory card and use it with the new one...pick up where I left off.....stealing cars and killin' folks on GTA VC!

Back