OT: Make a wish....

graewulf

RE: WOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday on the way home from Lancaster I saw what was probably the most touching tribute that I have ever witnessed. Heading the other direction was a line of (I'm not exaggerating) 50-60 fire trucks, and at least 200 big rigs (everything from a cement mixer to a tractor trailer). They were all sporting "Make a wish" banners on their front end and at least 30 of them had "Wish child on board" banners. This parade was over 10 miles long headed down US222 toward lancaster. I could not believe it, I've never seen so many big rigs before in my life.

RE: WOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Make a wish is an awesome program, I can see why they get the support they do. They really did a lot for my nephew and his family while he was dealing with a very aggressive cancer and chemo therapy. He was only 3 at the time. Stuff like that really helped the little guy and his family get their mind off the hell they were enduring.

(He is doing well and has been cancer free for a few years)

Those things are awsome -> my neighbor shes 14 now she gets to make a wish every 4 years, i think its still the same program even though i'm in canada. A couple years ago i got to go on a hovercraft with the people from make a wish, it wasnt one of the kids wishes, but just one of those fun things they invite a bunch of the kids on. There are a lot of awsome programs out there that really help out the family's. I get paid throu a company called At Home -> they are allowing me to look after julia instead of sending somone they have actually hired becuase its something julia would be more comfortable with. I think its kinda cool anyways. I told julia that next time she gets to make a wish she should wish that i get a beefed out jeep and get seats with the 5 point harness so she could be my co-piolet :p she thought that would be super cool -> but for some reason i dont think she'll wish that :(

Back