Opinions on these products for Engine Perfomance

JeepinSC

I have a 2009 Unlimited X and am interested in making some modifications to the engine. I wanted to start off with something simple like installing a cold air intake system and came across this website. Has anyone on this forum ever had used any of these products from engine performance?

Thanks for your feedback

JEEP WRANGLER 1990-2008 Performance Chip

Just a friendly advice. Since your Jeep is an 09 model, i would assume that your still under the 36,000 mile and most certainly under the 3 yr warranty. That performance chip will VOID your powertrain warranty . If you think that you could just disconnect the performance module and not leave any traces of it when you bring it in a Dealership for service, that would be a false assumption. Just so you know..

Just a friendly advice. Since your Jeep is an 09 model, i would assume that your still under the 36,000 mile and most certainly under the 3 yr warranty. That performance chip will VOID your powertrain warranty . If you think that you could just disconnect the performance module and not leave any traces of it when you bring it in a Dealership for service, that would be a false assumption. Just so you know..

Good point. Would any modifications to the engine void the warranty? What about upgrading the exaust system? Thanks again for the feedback.

As far as i know, Cold air intake and exaust upgrades on the JK's are acceptable without voiding the powertrain warranty. However, if the aftermarket exaust leak's , that's common sense, that will not be covered with the car manufacturer's warranty. In rare occasions where the poor placement of the bung for the O2 sensor caused a DTC to set on the PCM, that will not be covered by the warranty either.

As far as i know, Cold air intake and exaust upgrades on the JK's are acceptable without voiding the powertrain warranty. However, if the aftermarket exaust leak's , that's common sense, that will not be covered with the car manufacturer's warranty. In rare occasions where the poor placement of the bung for the O2 sensor caused a DTC to set on the PCM, that will not be covered by the warranty either.

Appreciate it man.

Back