one more lift question

raptor_pilot

I only have one question about the lifts. I want to get a 3" suspension lift. Probably the Rough Country lift. Do i need to get extended brake lines? Or will mine be fine the way they are now? Sorry if this is old news but at least it's fresh now.
Mike

I believe that kit comes with relocation brackets, which will give you a little more brake line length. You won't need them, but extended lines will be better, especially if you plan on disconnecting the swaybar when offroad.

I agree if you want to disconnect the sway bars you should get extended brake lines it will be better in the long run, especially if they are stainless braided ones

I just got done with clone Rough Country kit (www.hellcreeksuspensions.com) and I tried to used the brake line relocators... I ended up buying the SS lines. But then again, the Hell Creek lift is 4" plus I have 1.25" of shackle lift, for a total of 5.25". So That's considerably more than 3". You might be ok with 3". Buy the kit, try the relocators, and if you don't like it, buy the stainless.

But remember, it's more costly to find out the hard way if you need longer brake lines. Ask yourself this question... is my life worth $100? The new lines are very easy to install.

hi-C

[[[ooooooppppppssss]]]

The stainless ones look cool but are actually weaker than the stock rubber coated ones. If you don't believe me just yank on it one good time and tell me what happens. I used some longer (chevy I think) brake lines from a full size. I wish I could tell you the part number but that was a long time ago. Go to the auto store and see if they will help you find one.

Rooster,

How do you mean weaker? Are you saying that when you give a good tug on the Stainless ones they will snap? Have you seen this firsthand? Do tell.

C

I don't know about weaker, but I'd say the rubber lines tend to stretch quite a bit before snapping, which the stainless won't do, may just be the difference you need to get off the trail.

The stainless wrap is just that. It is nylon tubing inside (like industrial air tubing). The stainless is strong but the crimp to the fitting is not. If you snatch it (or hang it on the tire lugs or a good limb) it will rip the crimp out of the fitting.

i've never seen a problem with rubber lines other than rot... and i've heard a lot of problems with the stainless... either way.. extend them

Back